A little post about Buying and selling.

I enjoyed reading this. :slight_smile:

Quick question:
If you can’t take the axle off of the yo-yo and package the yo-yo in a padded envelope, wouldn’t the axle either poke a hole through the packaging or bend/damage the bearing seat while it’s being delivered?

Yeah, I would if you packaged it a certain way. There is a guide similar to this on another forum that talks about packaging that I know of. You just have to be really careful, and chances are, if you package it in a good way, things will be safe.

truthfully, i have been one of those people who have backed out at the end. i’ve only done this twice, and for good reason. though, somehow it was to the same person (SORRY BRETT GRIMES)
first time was when i was gonna buy a 54 from him. only to find out i was getting one for Christmas and my mom had spent a lot on getting it. so i felt bad and had to back out.
second time was for the P2 he has up for sale. i was going to get it for my best friend for Christmas, only to find out his older brother had bought one for him the same day i found the post.
i feel horrible afterwards, and always think that i’ll be banned or something. only to find out he was understanding.

I hope everyone reads and follows this. I sent off my Maverick a couple of days ago and it’s supposed to be at the guy’s house today. I sent it first out of irrational thinking but I hope everybody on this forum follows the honor code!

Thanks Josh for putting this up once again.

And your point is???

can i just ask sellers to follow the first and most basic rule? post pics! i cant stress how often i see people say, “email pics on request”. quit being lazy, if your not home, use your phone, i work for a cell phone carrier and out of the 30 or so phones we sell almost every single one of them are capable of uploading pics to an online server. so dont use that as an excuse. im not gonna jump through a bunch of hoops just to find out ur selling a banged up mangled coke can ur trying to pass off as an 888. k im done blowing off steam.

I’m new to the forum, on yoyoing and this is the first thing I have read and it is comforting to know that someone has taken the time to set ground rules to the hole buy/sell/trade and I agree this should be the standard…I have an extensive collection and have bought a lot of them on ebay with witch I haven’t had much problems and was looking for a new way to B-S-T…this post makes me feel comfortable (if people read and follow!!!) thanks much!!! MOT…

Had someone back out of a trade with me sent several pm’s back and fourth worked out a deal exchanged address I packed up five yoyo’s he told me he was going to the post office. Then I send him a message to see if he had a chance to ship. He tells me I got a better deal you understand. Lol no not really. I spent the time packing up those yoyo’s to send to you and addressed the box. The only good thing was I hadn’t shipped it yet or then I would have been really upset.

My point is. If you say yes it’s a deal and give your address follow through!!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

1 Like

The first time I backed out of a Trade was Today against someone on the forums.
I felt bad seeing he actually packaged it up [ I thought he was going to wait till I ship it out first and get it to his door ] So I offered him the SAME Exact throw except Mint.
Hopefully he understood although he did curse at me >.<
I do feel bad so I think I should stop backing out even when I get a better deal.
Truth is I backed out because I wanted to Ship at the same time because Its a nuisance when the guys not in your Country and you havve to wait friggen 5 - 6 weeks just for a package.
So i just went with a more Fast offer who would ship at the same time.
^ The guy up there would be the guy I went with.

wanna buy my 44 special 4 30 or trade 4 a plastic

I find this a little ironic…

1 Like

Not harsh one bit… Honestly with people today, it’s just good for everyone to get a reminder… Thanks:)

I’ve noticed that there has been an increase in scamming, more people need to see this.

Thanks for this Jayyo - I hope there will be a lot of people reading this.

Cheers
Gogol

I agree with you nice post!

Isn’t the expression sliced bread? Best thing since sliced bread.