One Drop YoYos Official News

I think it’d be a great idea to have a Benchmark series WITHOUT side effects.

less center-weight, better for fingerspins, something a little different than previous years, and if for nothing else, knocks a few bucks off the price.

I put ultralights on my 2016 w and it’s awesome!!

I have lego SEs (just a touch heavier than ultralights) in my 2016 H. This round of Benchmarks are fantastic!

Have you ever thought of doing an offstring yo-yo, or at least an SE designed for finger spins?

One Drop hasn’t really ever considered doing anything outside of 1a yoyos. I’m pretty sure they haven’t even made a yoyo with 3a or 5a in mind yet.

As for SE for fingerspins, they’d be too heavy, a 66g yoyo could potentially be 80g I’m assuming.

We just talked about that SE’s… :stuck_out_tongue:

What exactly makes a 5A yo-yo different from a 1A yo-yo?

I’m no expert in this area but I just meant some yoyos are just specifically designed for 3a or 5a as opposed to 1a. When I think of the best 1a yoyos I think extreme rim weight. I don’t think rim weight is as important for 5a yoyos, average weight of 65-67g is more important than in 1a, maybe a rounded multi-step V-shape? I’m pretty sure there’s more that goes into it but like I said I’m no expert.

I didn’t really mean 5a yoyos are different than 1a yoyos, I just think designs can be made to be more 5a-oriented.

I’m just curious. I know there are features that tend to make some yo-yos more 3A friendly but as far as I know any 1A yo-yo can easily be used for 5A play.

ant ti marquis spotted?

A guy named Evan got one on Facebook.

We know of 3 of them being opened at this point.

One of Scott’s students opened a Ti a couple/few weeks ago.

Any news on the release date of the Kraken yet?

I wanna know about the release date of the bi-metal that’s been 2 years in the making ::slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI YYE is giving away a set of red Flat Caps with the YYE logo engraved on them with the purchase of any Side Effect yoyo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you do a run of begleri?

It is something we are considering … although it’s pretty low priority.

Are you guys going to do a bimetal?

1 Like

Some pics were “leaked” like 2 years ago but no updates since then as far as I know. I’m pretty sure they’re still working on it, even if it’s not their highest priority right now.