The Official - CLYW News

It is actually more expensive for us to machine in Canada compared to the USA. So not sure who started that rumor.

For the Puffin we are working on some neat new stuff for the packaging. So once that all gets done we will be ready for the release. Hoping for this month: we shall see how it goes :slight_smile:

A mini-Chief would be the greatest thing ever…

GE is Made in Canada.

Chris what is your favorite yoyo that your company doesn’t make

I love the idea of a mini Chief too! Been toying with that for a while.

I would LOVE a mini chief!

Also the puffin is amazing so I can only imagine its going to have some amazing new packaging with it.

:o
WANT

Are you considering actually producing it, or just a fun idea to mess about with?

If you do, I think Inuksuk would be a cool name that goes along with the Native American theme. They’re little cairns used by the Inuit.

I have a few

C3 Berserker (blue pink silver one)
YYF Shaqler Northstar
OD Cascade
YYF Supernova

Spyy meets Clyw, episode 2

Ohhhhh Snapppppp… Now this would be killer!!! HAHA you are like the modern day Willy Wonka man but with yoyos not chocolate!!! I have a friend who I have been dying to get into CLYW throws but SHE has been hesitant. Now that you have a sponsored female she will buy CLYW throws!!! So for that way to go!!! It is great to see more females throwing!!

Will there be Hulk Smash Puffin’s???

Yes!! I will be buying up CLYWs now. Please make him a Hulk Smash colorway Puffin, he would be ecstatic! When he’s happy, I’m happy haha.

Seriously! a SPYY and CLYW ! They Are my two favorite companies…

After watching some of the unboxing vids Chris made for the Marmot and Chief, i have one question: How on earth do you not just keep them all to yourself? I would have a terribly hard time with that many beautifully amazing contraptions leaving me. I know you have to turn a profit, but… i would just keep them all and become a poor hermit.

Well…Locust… Then he might become one of the sleeping people making up times.
Hope you got the Caboose reference…

nope didn’t get it unfortunately. i need to take a week next summer and just catch up on the series.

I would do anything to get my hands on a wooly marmot o.o

WOW Soooo much new stuff to mention, sorry it has been a while, but with the big work load and the new baby I have foundd it hard to post updates here.

Well first thing first … HUGE congratulations to Zach Gormley on being the new 1A US National Champion!!  He did one of the most amazing freestyles of his life with approx 40% new content from Worlds.  So proud of him!!  Been an amazing journey for Zach.  AND this is only the beginning!!

We’ve added two new team members to the team, Andrew Maider and Ewelina (Nuu) Wejner!

Andrew Maider kicked off his new sponsorship with a HUGE accomplishment at US Nats with 4th place in 1A and 8th in 5A.  You’re a bright shining star Andrew!  We’re so lucky to have you!

At US Nationals Zach ended up accepting the Industry Excellence award for us.  Being a Canadian company I was quite surprised by this, but I can’t complain.  It was truly an honour to be recognized by the US National YoYo Contsst for our hard work!!  So amazing!!  Oct 1st also marks my 1 year anniversary of doing CLYW full time.  WOW!  Really wish I could have been at US Nats to hang out with everyone!  Maybe next year!

Upcoming Contests:

Palli is escaping Iceland’s early winter for a trip to Spain right now, where he’ll be competing at Spanish Nats in the International category on Saturday.

Later this month will be Czech Nationals where CLYW team members Petr, Zdenek, David and Nuu will be competing.  CLYW will be hosting a best trick contest there, where contestants will have 20 seconds to do their best trick and will be judged by crowd response.

For new releases:

We have a lot of throws coming this fall.  Soon to be stocked at YoYoExpert are:

• H5xChiefs, the collaboration throw between C3 Design and CLYW (shipping early next week)
  • Gnarwhals (shipping early next week)
  • Arctic Circles, the signature throw of US National Champ Zach Gormley (shipping early next week)
  • Palli’s Puffin (aiming for an early November release … fingers crossed!)
  • Then for the holiday season we will be releasing Petr’s signature throw the Cliff, our largest diameter throw yet … plus more comeback Avalanches as well.

I just wanted to thank you all for your continued support and for digging what we do day in and day out!  Couldn’t be doing it without you!

Happy throwin! … hehe

• Chris

Can’t wait for the cliff looks like a great yoyo.