The Official - CLYW News

Hi all! Sorry for no updates in a while. Yup we just had a baby! Marin … she’s almost 2 weeks old now. WOW!

This has been a big year for me/CLYW, WOW. Got married, had a baby, designed 3 of the best throws in my life. Increased our production by 3 times!!! So amazing!!

Yup news for the Cliff just dropped this week. It is Petr Kavka’s new signature throw. To those wondering what’s up with the name ‘Cliff’ … well when you pronounce clyw in Czech it sounds just like Cliff in english. Pretty neat huh? Since Petr is Czech it was a no brainer when we were looking for names! Artwork will be Jason Week, he’s in the early concept stages right now.

Stats:
59.5mm Dia x 44.8mm W x 67.9g (made in Canada)

http://www.cariboublog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2012-09-13-18.00.45.jpg

http://www.cariboublog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2012-09-13-18.00.13.jpg

Hope to release mid/late November. We’ll see how that goes.

For the Wooly Marmot, unfortunately I no longer have the CAD file for it. I have the original prototype design that was wider and much lighter, but it was modified quite a bit when we went to production. So I’m gonna have to see if I can get it from our old shop or if I just end up remodelling it. Or we just work on a version 2 … hehe. Any suggestions?

Where da puffin at =P

I think that it would be cool if you did something similar to what you did with the new avalanche. maybe for more of them as well, and end up just re-designing any return tops that you don’t have the CAD for.

[quote=“firespitter,post:43,topic:42418”]

The only problem with that is the avalanche was originally a tweak to the Sasquatch, so he had a starting point in the Sasquatch cad file. But if he we’re to do that with each clyw throw, he would have to start from scratch on some of them. I’m not saying that Chris couldn’t do it and make them even better, we all know how much work and heart Chris puts into this. It just wouldn’t be as easy as it was with the avalanche. And I might be wrong in that, that’s just what my understanding of it.

[quote=“baerinatux,post:44,topic:42418”]

I still think it would be cool if chris re-designed the marmot

Me too … haha

chris replied to me

i don’t know why I get so excited every single time that happens

I don’t know if this will ever happen again, but I think another OD an CLYW collab would be the coolest thing ever. I always wanted a chief or avalanche with side effects :wink:

Glad you found a canadian machinist chris, less cost to you and it makes the industry more competitive :slight_smile:

ya, another OD and CLYW collab would be Awesome. Maybe double rims on a code 2?

53mm dia Chief

Ooh even better! And maybe with an avalanche groove!

I think chris should just have this forum make his decisions XD

We already came up with his next OD CLYW collab throw.

any news on the gnarwhals?

Currently in assembly stage

Someday I am going to get my hands on a Chief, Arctic Circle, or Canvas and review it for High Speed YoYo. They are just too damn popular and I am having a hard time nailing one down. Curse you Chris for making such a darn fine product. ;D

Round 2?

CLYW will be the sniffy manufacturer focus for October.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

!!!