YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

So I’m fortunate to get an original Stargazer but the pad situation with this puppy is unfortunate. Basically, it takes super slim pads and cannot accept flowable silicone.

Anyone know where I can still buy pads to fit the original 44re:creation Stargazer?

Or…what do others do (does anyone still throw old 44re:creation ?) ?? Make your own pads or something?

I was thinking of taking Duncan friction stickers and trimming off the edges because they are nearly the correct thickness…

Help !

UPDATE: a trimmed Duncan friction sticker does not work - too thin!

Have you tried reaching out to YYR direct? Shoot em en email and see what they say.

I checked the YYR site for a contact email but didn’t find it (so far…I’ll check again). But i did email a Japanese store that used to carry all the flavors of Irpads and they don’t have any pads that fit the old YYR. Other than that, someone gave me the tip of using .555 pads and trimming them down…I’ll look into that as well…

I posted your questions over on r/Throwers to see if they know.

First answer - from liifeiscool

Ill keep updating this post as new info become available.

MrMatio just sent me links to what your looking for. Apperently the Ir Broad 2011 pads work? PM’d info. Hope that helps! Awesome it came from him. Im a big fan of his videos. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah! Big thanks!

And also MrMatio always gets my respect for posting so many Takahiro Iizuka tutorials…so good

hey all - im on the hunt for some yoyos and I was hoping I can come to you guys for some leads :

Overdrive
Blink but in color
that fixed axle that looks like a cat, but with three eyes and its drunk

I got you with trades and such

Hey there, stranger.

I thought I saw an Overdrive on the BST recently but you know how useful YYE’s search function is…

Anyways, here’s a +2 that looks like it’s still for sale https://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,96362.msg1059352.html#msg1059352

its not anymore haha. thanks for the tip, though.

I’m selling my MIB YYR Jealousy. Pls hit me up with a DM if you’re interested. Thanks!

LOL, this is a thing that happened.

3 Likes

I remember the golden days when this thread got daily traffic. Where did the times go

Anyway I found this pic of a Draupnir collection on fb. Pretty sure he has most of the colors ever created and all of the special edition engraved ones except for one of the AP models.

Which is your favorite? Not sure if I like the AP edition(2nd from top left) or worlds edition(middle right) better

7 Likes

I like the red and blue ones on the ends of the top row, and the matte black one in the middle of the bottom row best.

1 Like

Not a fan of the shiny shiny?

I think I like the matte blue and cherry blossom the best out of the regular editions.

Mrmatio also uses the matte blue

Probably after all this time you have solved it but it could be useful to others. In these cases I put liquid silicone, let it dry and then remove the pads, to which I subsequently apply double-sided tape and cut it to size.
Then I reinstall them … Everything always went well …

1 Like

I have a emerald green for yoyoaddict, if I had to choose other …

• raw where it is possible to appreciate the perfect execution and assembly of the steel rings, which seem to be one with the rest in 7075
  • for color, red blasted
  • for model, the attuned draupnir for its increased gap.

I have purple 44 Clash, Red, and matte black draupnir!

This thread brings back memories of YYR golden era! :smile:

Hey thanks! Interesting solution with reapplying liquid silicone and new double-sided tape. I’ll have to remember that because that could be the only option in the future…

So, to re-cap in case anyone needs to find this… the problem was to replace the silicone in old YYR, specifically the 44re:creation Stargazer that uses a pad that is wide and thin. It’s really a pain, this old pad format…

I tried .555 pads trimmed down but they don’t work – not enough grip and too thin. The only thing I found that worked for sure was some old original 44re:creations pads, the last in stock, from an online yoyo store. Next option will be what persson recommends above.

Another big shoutout to @Dust (BTW, I couldn’t find the compatible old IrPads in stock) for his help from before!

2 Likes

Hi!
I hope the advice will be useful and solve the problem.

P.S. your Dreadnought G continues to give me so much fun! :wink:
See you soon!

1 Like

Yeah! So cool, that makes me happy to know, thanks. I still remember the first day I threw that DreadG and how powerful it felt. Glad that you are still enjoying it! Cheers!