YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

Sweet collection man! I’m close to pulling the trigger on that Rebellion Golyat, how is it? I’ve heard only good things, but it’d be good to hear more before I buy it. :slight_smile:

Great throw, I don’t have a diffusion or gargantua to compare it to… But it’s worth it. Super smooth :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s great. It’s not delrin, delrin is the branded pom. But it is pom, probably to save costs, machining delrin/pom is as expensive as machining aluminium. It plays very nice. Neutral weight distribution means it can handle pretty much anything, but it’s big. Very big. It plays bigger than it is and you have to be aware of it’s size when you’re playing with it, especially in more dense mounts. The huge catch zone makes it very easy to catch. Performance wise, it’s no Triad, but it’s got plenty. Feel wise, it’s feels light but not fast which is great for more relaxed sessions.

Overall, it’s a great addition to any case!

2 Likes

Thanks guys I for the info. I just ordered a blue one. I’ve been looking at it for a while now and thought I should just go for it since it is sub $50

Has anyone ever unscrewed their draupnir? I’m afraid because it’s so tight to begin with and the posts I’ve read about YYR and added vibration after re-tightening. Any truths to this?

I do it regularly. Axle is short so there’s not a lot of surface area to grip the threads. As long as you’re gentle when you’re putting it together initially, you’re fine. Once you feel the threads grip, you can spin it as tight as you like, just don’t slam it together.

Yeah, I’ve screwed up a few times with older models (2 Sleipnirs and a Stargazer) resulting in stripping, but never had any issue with the most recent models

New bi metal from rebellion. I would have thought that they would stick to mono metals.

I see what you did there :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to YYR, I’d still love to get a Draup one day. Haven’t wanted any more yoyos for a long time now though.

^ What he said.

1 Like

nice vid!

however, when people refer to YYR being more likely to strip, they generally talk about older YYR which used a short m5 axle, and those were easily stripped

so I’d say myth partially busted

It is great seeing that YYR is playing both sides of the consumer market.

Low-cost Rebellion Bi-Metals for the masses and high-end Draupnir, Laser and Valkyrie, etc; for those who wish to splurge on luxury.

I cannot wait to try the Rebellion “Start the Riot”. It looks fabulous. The reaction it got in the Japanese market suggests that it is beast. They were gone in an instant. I do not know how the word gets out in Japan, but instant-sellouts are invariably great.

Anything but black though… :cry:

People have been saying it’s very similar to the Valkyrie in play, but at $140 its too good.

I would not think it is quite up to the YYR top-shelf, for sure. That does leave quite a bit of room for the Rebellion to shine though. That YYR “top-shelf” is somewhere on the edge of space.

Double ring bimetal for 140 wat

I definitely recommend Start the Riot, great yo-yo. Feels more like it the higher end YYR models that a Rebellion model.

1 Like

Definately looks more like a premium model. Now to wait for other colours.

I can’t believe there are two Draupnirs left in stock: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/1391/yoyorec-Draupnir

New rebellion bi metal. Full size with a lighter weight.

The POM Diffusion just slays any plastic readily available on the market right now. I haven’t put it down since I got it, and didn’t even think about a metal over the weekend. I’ve never owned the polycarb version. I wonder how they compare.

I also ordered a silver Start the Riot. It should be here mid-week. I’ll let you guys know what I think. :slight_smile: