Hedgehog Concepts (Trying to find a machine shop! + Pics added)

Looks sharp. Tone down the edges a bit… Round them more. I can imagine that hurting.

no no no. protos should cost generally less than $100 most of the time. Foxland charges $70 and one drop does 60. (this is just my experience)

Don’t go asking for one proto. It’s far cheaper to get 5 yoyo’s compared to one. If you get one it would probably be $300 for the programming and $25 for machining. If you get 5 its more reasonable. Probably $300 for programming and $125 for machining. Those are just estimates based on the prices I’ve seen named.

It was foxland who was requesting 300 when they replied back. :s

foxland charges $300 for FOUR prototypes. $75 per yoyo.

Oh… I’ll double check on that. ^^

Did they tell you about programming costs? Because these prices seem completely off.

Actually, I think that includes programing costs, but I’m not sure. They told me $300 for 4 yo-yos, so I just figured it into 75 each.

It’s a fixed price. Doesn’t change. You pay $300 and get 4 protos. No discussion. Each yo-yo figures to be worth $75, but you can’t ask for one and pay $75. Doesn’t work like that. The $300 does include programming and such as well.

Hope this clears things up :slight_smile:

Yeah. And its the same deal with Onedrop roughly. $600 gets you 25 HALVES. They generally make a couple mistakes so you end up with 10 yoyos. But that $600 covers every step of production, as long as you come in with a sketch. It can even be rough and not exact.

I got a dwg set up on my student version autoCAD for foxland to do a couple of yoyos.

I just need to know if the student version is okay and need to raise $300.

BTW the yoyo is a small bearing and is 53.78 mm in diameter

The small bearing thing, did you consider a “D” bearing? Fewer snags, and if you want, you can get 5x11x4 bearings.

Yea, I want this yoyo to be me though. And I love A-Sized bearing yoyos. I want this to be 60% me, 40% competition style.
I do mostly use C and D sized bearings in my other designs. (in total of about 7 for HC)

Oh, ok. You want it to be about design.

BST to raise money. :slight_smile:
www.yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,45723.0.html

Should I worry about the legal stuff after?

Best to tackle them early on, especially checking for patents

There aren’t really many legal things to worry about. Why would you spend thousands of dollars putting a patent on a design which will simply cause every other company in the yoyo industry hate you?

*currently saving for prototypes. This is a one guy company I’m trying to start anyways. Heh. "^^