Inch by Inch Yo-Yos (I.B.I. Yo-Yos)

BTW, I’m so glad we worked this out like gentlemen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Walls are way too thin, unless you’re making them in titanium.

It’s easy to make a design.
To find a machine shop that will take you seriously, especially if you have no experience or are very young… that’s another story.

And if you do fine a machine shop, finding one with enough tolerance variances to actually produce ones of good quality is also something to look into.

1 Like

It looks a lot like a Duncan Echo.

I hate to say it, but you were completely disrespectful to those kids with designs. Many of them DO know enough to make a yoyo. They’ve seen the big yoyo’s of today, and the trend is this; “56mm with a focus on rim-weight and focusing that just below the outside of the yoyo. 56-57g is preferred.” You aren’t the only one with a design that’s good. I actually have plans on starting RYYC. And yes, I’m a teen. 14 to be exact. Also, what makes yours so different? Aside the fact that your saying you are, what makes you more likely to succeed?

Things you’ll need besides the Sketchup design are;
Weight - Density of 6061 is 2.7g/cm^3
Walls thicker than 1.75mm
Money - Think thousands of dollars
Somewhere to sell them
You bearing seat/recess needs work

Good luck on your endeavor
Matt

I am also 14 and I agree that he was disrespectful to those kids but he was not completely wrong about them falsely believing they could really make a profitable company. I agree that many kids have the ability to design and create a yoyo but that does not mean they will be able to generate profit. Now I could be completely wrong if they’re intentions were to just make the yoyo for fun and they weren’t planing on creating a company or anything. Again I agree with you that he was disrespectful and he should not be so quick to judge a yoyo’s design based on the ages of the kids who thought the idea up and actually created it, however, he was not incorrect in stating that the KIDS would probably be unsuccessful in creating a profitable company and or yoyo for that matter. Everyone has their opinions and thats what makes us all individuals so how about everyone agrees that everyone has different opinions and we stop playing the your wrong I am right game.

1 Like

Gotta radius those surfaces a bit, unless you’re actually intending on making it a bunch of flat angles.

Sketchup displays curved stuff as lines, so you don’t have to have an amazing computer to run it.

Man, we’ve already been over this! can you please read other people’s post about me being disrespectful? I wasn’t!
and I never said I was gonna succeed, I said I was in the category of kids who were not likely to succeed.
Thank you for the info though, I already know about the bearing seat, and it’s currently redesigned on emachineshop.
Have a nice day. =)

oh, haha, you noticed!
yeah, I got it to be round on emachineshop.
but wouldn’t it be fun playing with a 24 sided yo-yo? haha

oh, and one more thing about the rims being too thin, have you guys ever thrown a Werrd Pacquiao? that thing has very thin walls!

and all the suggestions on weight distribution being just under the edge, I understand that that’s the trend, but what’s the fun in following the trend? you’d just be making a yo-yo that’s no different than others at all.

Render your drawing in solidworks and specify a material and you should get a very accutate weight without having to prototype…i believe this can also be done in masterCAM without solidworks but i have not been taught how yet

1 Like

That’s cool. I really do wish you the best though.

your using emachinceshop now!? ???

1 Like

There is a reason why it uses pad response vs regular silicone groove.

you can get the weight in machine shop also, check out my post in Davion’s thread (central yoyo design).

Looks like a BOSS…And a PRIMO.

I wouldn’t buy it.

1 Like

There is a specific thickness that the walls must be in order for a yoyo to work properly.

more specifically, a maximum thinness before ruining integrity

1 Like

@ the OP. This is free advice from someone who’s made many fine yo-yos. I’d consider this.

2 Likes

this thread is old!