Inch by Inch Yo-Yos (I.B.I. Yo-Yos)

woah woah woah. no need for the hate dude. he didnt specify any names and i believe he was very respectful in explaining his beliefs. this post just makes you look un confident in your own designs and abilities man.

1 Like

I was only stating the truth, and don’t deny that most designers on here are kids, also, I have put myself in the same category as the ones I talked about, so it’s not like I’m making myself higher than the rest, we’re all equal.

and thanks, I appreciate your input! =)

Sorry, I guess I sounded pretty rude there. It’s just that you sounded kinda condescending saying “I think yoyo design should be left to people with years of expertise” and “I feel that they don’t know much about weight distribution or what goes into a yo-yo to make it more than just a rock on a string.” I figured he was pointing to us, seeing as BLTyyw (us) and central yoyo are the only new, young companies out there, so it sounded like it was directed at us. didn’t mean to sound like a hater, sorry I just wanted to let you know you sounded a bit rude in my opinion.

No hate intended.

wait, BLT and Central are the only two around? I don’t think so man. haha

there’s plenty of up and coming designers. You just haven’t looked around.

have a nice day =)

and if you have an impression of me being a D-bag, I’m not, I’m just honest, can’t help it, if you were to meet me, I’m really really nice!

I’ve seen your work, not bad, I’d like to try your final product out. (but I gotta say, your first page needs to be edited a bit, it doesn’t make a good impression, first impressions are really important.)

1 Like

oops, not saying we’re the only ones, just the only ones on this forum that are new and really still going strong. you have to go pretty far back to find a lot of others.

1 Like

ahh, i got the same first impression of the intro… When i read this “I don’t know, some lucky kids might be on the right track and succeed, giving birth to a new company that will perform very well in the community, that good, but very unlikely. I consider myself one of those kids.” i got the impression that you were saying you were in the group that would succeed, which you may very well do and i hope you do. Also, this here, no mater what you put around it sounds rude “And yet they still get massive support, giving them false hope of generating profit through their design,”, Im sure that wasn’t your intention. (heck i also misread it because i didn’t see the “I hate to do this thread because…”) but possibly reconsider some of your phrasing, you don’t have to, but just a suggestion, could help with those all important first impressions ;).
But… On a more positive note, I really like the shape of the yoyo, and for working on the design and finding specs, the most user friendly (free) program i could find was Emachine shop, look it up, there CAD program is great. I’m not sure if this is a yoyo I would buy, i haven’t tried very many classic shapes and none of the ones i have tried were quite my thing, but it still looks great. I wish you luck, and hope you and your company are successful.
Thanks,
FlyCaster

1 Like

BTW, I’m so glad we worked this out like gentlemen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Walls are way too thin, unless you’re making them in titanium.

It’s easy to make a design.
To find a machine shop that will take you seriously, especially if you have no experience or are very young… that’s another story.

And if you do fine a machine shop, finding one with enough tolerance variances to actually produce ones of good quality is also something to look into.

1 Like

It looks a lot like a Duncan Echo.

I hate to say it, but you were completely disrespectful to those kids with designs. Many of them DO know enough to make a yoyo. They’ve seen the big yoyo’s of today, and the trend is this; “56mm with a focus on rim-weight and focusing that just below the outside of the yoyo. 56-57g is preferred.” You aren’t the only one with a design that’s good. I actually have plans on starting RYYC. And yes, I’m a teen. 14 to be exact. Also, what makes yours so different? Aside the fact that your saying you are, what makes you more likely to succeed?

Things you’ll need besides the Sketchup design are;
Weight - Density of 6061 is 2.7g/cm^3
Walls thicker than 1.75mm
Money - Think thousands of dollars
Somewhere to sell them
You bearing seat/recess needs work

Good luck on your endeavor
Matt

I am also 14 and I agree that he was disrespectful to those kids but he was not completely wrong about them falsely believing they could really make a profitable company. I agree that many kids have the ability to design and create a yoyo but that does not mean they will be able to generate profit. Now I could be completely wrong if they’re intentions were to just make the yoyo for fun and they weren’t planing on creating a company or anything. Again I agree with you that he was disrespectful and he should not be so quick to judge a yoyo’s design based on the ages of the kids who thought the idea up and actually created it, however, he was not incorrect in stating that the KIDS would probably be unsuccessful in creating a profitable company and or yoyo for that matter. Everyone has their opinions and thats what makes us all individuals so how about everyone agrees that everyone has different opinions and we stop playing the your wrong I am right game.

1 Like

Gotta radius those surfaces a bit, unless you’re actually intending on making it a bunch of flat angles.

Sketchup displays curved stuff as lines, so you don’t have to have an amazing computer to run it.

Man, we’ve already been over this! can you please read other people’s post about me being disrespectful? I wasn’t!
and I never said I was gonna succeed, I said I was in the category of kids who were not likely to succeed.
Thank you for the info though, I already know about the bearing seat, and it’s currently redesigned on emachineshop.
Have a nice day. =)

oh, haha, you noticed!
yeah, I got it to be round on emachineshop.
but wouldn’t it be fun playing with a 24 sided yo-yo? haha

oh, and one more thing about the rims being too thin, have you guys ever thrown a Werrd Pacquiao? that thing has very thin walls!

and all the suggestions on weight distribution being just under the edge, I understand that that’s the trend, but what’s the fun in following the trend? you’d just be making a yo-yo that’s no different than others at all.

Render your drawing in solidworks and specify a material and you should get a very accutate weight without having to prototype…i believe this can also be done in masterCAM without solidworks but i have not been taught how yet

1 Like

That’s cool. I really do wish you the best though.

your using emachinceshop now!? ???

1 Like

There is a reason why it uses pad response vs regular silicone groove.