MB's Powder Thread! Come & see the power of powder!

Thank you.

Gloss Black
High Gloss Black
Gloss Blue
Gloss Yellow
Gloss White
Super Gloss Clear—great for sealing polish jobs
Smoke Chrome
Anodized Red
Translucent Green
Translucent Blue
Translucent Violet
Candy Raspberry
Candy Orange
Metallic Blue–prizm flake
Red Metallic–prizm flake
Black Metallic–prizm flake
Clear Metallic–prizm flake
Glow in the dark–coming soon

Any of the translucents can have flake added to them.

Flakes I have are Gold and Prizm.
Flakes I can get are just about anything.

Base colors like black, white, yellow etc. can be clear coated and flaked if wanted.

If there is a color you don’t see I can get it and will. Flourescents, flip flops all kinds of options.

Hope this helps a little and of course if anyone is interested it’s best to pm me and we can work up just about anything.

3 Likes

Alright sweet. Thanks, man. So many options!

You can add a prism flake to a super clear gloss, right?

Yep.

Awesome work you’re doing!

1 Like

Very cool!!!

Do you mask off the response area?

Yes and most of the time I just leave the pads in. But due to the heat of the cure process it melts the glue on the back of them and I just remove them or they come out stuck to the mask.

I add flowable free of charge, if wanted, when I do a powder job.

Hmm I hadn’t considered masking. Can you post a gut shot?

Here ya go…

1 Like

Ooooh my bad, I thought you were talking about masking near the bearing seat, like where you mask with abrasive blasts. I didn’t read close enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, though.

The key to satisfaction is thorough research my friend.

I don’t mess with the bearing seat or response area. I have blasted them before and only lightly and quickly at that. Don’t like taking chances.

These look great! Do you need the yoyo stripped before you receive it?

Awesome job!

The job you did on the C3 DiBase looks amazing!

1 Like

I’ve been wondering. Is it possible to grind with a powder coated yoyo? I’ve never held one so I am a little clueless as far as that.

The powder needs to applied to bare metal. Polished is recommended and is a must for the translucents. But metallics and base colors can be applied over a raw finish.

I can strip via blast and do a polish if needed.

The powder coat is pretty smooth and does not really make for grinding. The DiBase I recently did has some texture to it due to the large amount of flake added to the clear coat. So it may grind a little better.

1 Like

Hey folks just finished the winner of the “Pick the next Powder poll”.

Did a Glow Powder coat on a ILYY Void. Has a polished gap and blasted hub. Did this mainly to see what would work the best with the glow powder. The glow is a little tricky and has a few drawbacks as far as application, but I can say that it glows amazing.

Big problem is I can’t take pictures of it while it’s glowing!! Doesn’t seem to show up. After talking to GlowDoug about it a while back he said there where some techniques that his camera guy used that help accentuate the glow properties in the pictures. I have a local friend that may be able to help but it will be a bit before I can get to him about it.

Till then you’ll all have to wait in limbo.

PS, the runner up in the poll was the candy raspberry with gold flake. He’s next and should be ready by the end of the weekend.

1 Like

Sometimes I even amaze myself, now I’m a photographer. :o Well not really but by accident I stumbled onto something today. Figured I was just going to post some of the pics of the ILYY Void I did while it was sunny and you guys would be able to see what it looks like under non glow conditions. After taking them I went back into the garage and holy $#@& this thing was glowing like it was radiated only it was blue instead of the aqua. I guess the direct sunlight gives it a blue hue instead of the artificial light and the agua from last night.

Anyway I’m pretty pleased overall with it. Has a little vibe and the glow is patchy in a few spots but it really really glows nice and that’s what I was after. The rest of the stuff I can fine tune out later. So I figured out how to get a few pics of it while it was glowing. These are pics of it charged from sunlight. Gonna do a few from natural light tonight. Pics aren’t the best but I think they get it done.

Duh here are the pics of what it looks like not glowing. Blasted hubs and polished gap has agua glow powder in a super gloss clear powder coat.

Very cool.

If you haven’t yet, try putting that Void under a blacklight. It’ll charge instantly and glow quite brightly.

Can you do different color glows?

Oh, btw, that’s sick!

1 Like