Capital YOYO Club - DC/MD/northernVA (Nova Throwers) May updated!!'

Offcourse … Bring anyone else who wants to come!!!

Just bumping this to remind everyone that the first Saturday of the month is coming up. May 5th, be there or be square, refer to the start of the thread for location and time information.

dang! The girlfriend has me spoken for on cinco de mayo . . next time gents . .

hey try to come to the next one …We are not going anywhere!!! Next one is on June 2nd… but still try to come this weekend … cinco de mayo :stuck_out_tongue:

also adding this just incase (its on the main post already but) :

i got in touch with D-Ick Stohr (can’t say his first name on the forums for some reason)… but this guy : Basement full of YOYOS!!!!!!!!!!!! - Display Case - YoYoExpert Forums

yes him … i have contacted him and he is also excited to come out to our meet. This weekend is going to be a blast!!! hope to see you there!!!

Mr.Stohr used to come to some of our SEVA meets and contests back in the day. He’s a great guy and does a lot for the community, I’m excited to see him again it’s been a couple years.

Meets tommorow hope everybody whos know wbout can make it. Also mapping the address nivo left gets you close but to clarify when you enter the park on fairway you turn left on volcanoe island dr, towards the water park. We meet in the big shelter by the parking lot. See everybody tommorow around 11 am.

Okay I need to go to bed sooner on Friday because I’ve got to drive an hour and a half and get there at eleven, so I got to wake up at 9:00 instead of 12:30… =/

lol yea try on june 2nd … updated with new pic :slight_smile: for todays meet … was great …

Another great meet and we doubled in size. How awesome is that! Thanks for coming out everybody and I look forward to seeing everyone again on 6/2.

Drew is Trace right? Or am I wrong?

sorry drew, nevermind. You are Jedibo

hey everyone check this out … this is in DC… i am going to try to make it … its this wednesday and thursday… yoyopeople are putting on a show at the Kennedy Center :

http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/festivals/11-12/lookbothways/schedule.cfm

According to Dik Stohr, John Higby will be in town aka yoyo people  site : www.yoyoshow.com

I started a thread … but this way you guys will see this too.

Anyone down to go?

i think i am going to the next yoyo meet!!! I am excited

Next meet is 6/2 hope to see ya there!

Ughh why won’t june 2nd get here faster!! I miss throwing with other people. To say that im looking forward to the next meet would be a severe understatement.

Anywho…figured i would post and give the old thread a bump. Anyone interested in coming to our next meet on 6/2 the info is in the first post of the thread but feel free to pm me or nivo or just post any questions you may have.

Ps- everyone that took some of my strings what did you think? I have personally switched back to making straight forward poly strings for myself but im curious about what everyone else thinks.

I’m in full agreement that June 2nd is taking way too long to arrive. Hopefully the antici… pation will make the day all that more enjoyable though. Can’t wait to throw some yo’s with everyone again.

If I move to maryland or jersey then I’ll have to come down for a throwdown.

That would be awesome. We are planning on a group trip to MAR this year as well.

i need some bleeders asap!!!

then you better move out here!!! lol

I feel the same way!!! I really wish it would come here faster, but I have a solution, lol! I want to have 2 yoyo meets for each month instead of the 1 we currently have. If we could meet the first saturday of each month like we are doing and also the saturday in the 2 week of each month then we could be yo-yoing together at the meet 2 times in 1 MONTH!!! AWESOME!!! Please reply or thank this post so I know who is interested or just contact Nivo, saying you like my idea… Thanks!
-ben

1 Like