Renaissance YoYo Company: Manticore *UPDATE* 5-5-12

I noticed you wanted to impregnate the anodize with teflon, why not just skip the ano and make it teflon coated and dye the teflon purple? I’m only spitballing but if you put teflon into/over the ano wouldn’t it lighten the color up and look hazy or discolored? Unless of course you’re trying to make it look like that. Either way I think purple will look spectacular on it.

I think the look of dyed teflon is great. I think You should consider this for color/finish options.

It shouldn’t affect the color. All though it is the reason I’m not doing splashes.

Also I think coating it with teflon it would eventually chip off, like paint on the outside.

A friends of mine has a canflon lio and it hasnt shown any signs of chipping. But its your yoyo coat it however you like.

Come to think of it, it might actually be cheaper. I’ll have to look into that.

Wildcat just one thought on it, the width is insane. A little too much actually. It seems like even for an expert a bind with this would be a pain in the butt to deal with, so if possible can you try downgrading it to a smaller width?

I was looking at the design again and at the specs. They say that the width is less than the diameter, in the pics we see this isnt the case so im guessing the images are distorted?

Width and gap width are two different things. With a d sized bearing the gap will be fine.

Updated!

Rounded the corners and took off some rim weight

They’re not distorted. The specs are right.

They’re not distorted. The specs are right.
[/quote]
Then its just the pics, I mean the pics tell a diffrent story than the pics, the pics also imply this will be a pretty wide yoyo yet the the specs tell a difeerent story

Then its just the pics, I mean the pics tell a diffrent story than the pics, the pics also imply this will be a pretty wide yoyo yet the the specs tell a difeerent story
[/quote]
Probably. The pics are taken from a very close angle, so that’s probably it.

Pictures??

Did you look throught the whole thread?

I should have been more specific. I meant proto pictures.

Hoping to have proto’s out mid-to-late summer. End of August at the latest (Hopefully)

Personally, I don’t think it feels comfortable. You’ve elongated the finger gap so much, that it is too big for one finger, but too small for two. I think it can benefit from a VERY minor recurve (incurve) where the rims go towards the center.

Have these been made?

Nope~

If you still need testers let me know. :wink:

Sorry to kill hopes, but we will not be doing open testing for the design. I am also going to refrain from commenting on the current status of the design until a few more things happen. The thread is now irrelevant and will be left for dead after our next announcement.