Spring 2012 release: BEYOND ENVY (Limited Edition)

http://www.hspin.com/webpage/?q=image/view/3692/_original

See more photos…

This clarifies it: HSPIN has no intention to turn out the lights as many of you speculate. Quite the opposite. Fewer an more extravagant eruptions of creativity is what you shall see.

After summer 2010, Spencer Berry and I recapped his observations and synthesis from Worlds. One thing he told me was that many players had shared with him that they were missing “HSPIN’s extravagant, weird creations from previous years”.

This lead me to solidify thoughts that had been fermenting in my brain for a while, and to the changes you have seen recently. HSPIN got famous because of the class-of-its-own, odd yoyo designs such as the ENVY, PYRO or Good&Evil releases. Recent efforts to cater to actively competing yoyo players resulted in frustration, cost and less success. I was running after others’ preferences rather than protecting the HSPIN that HSPIN once was.

The BEYOND ENVY is the first release that brings HSPIN back on track. I scribbled the drawings on a pieces of paper during a phone conversation in fall 2010, then took a picture of it with my Blackberry and mailed it to Had for conversion to CAD format. Prototypes were shown with great success during EYYC 2011 in the Czech Republic.

Expect solid ChrisK-style yoyo design… this one is a limited edition playing like a slim, large bearing yoyo, uncompromisingly precision-machined and assembled in Switzerland. Changes since previous versions include raw gap-side finish, “edgy” design in all aspects, large bearing, K-pad response (thanks Had) and a return to hard-core H-profile.

35 pieces per color option only. Available soon.

Specs:
Weight: 63.7g
Diameter: 54.0mm
Width: 35.0mm
Gap: 4 mm
Bearing: 13mm
Response: K-pads

I want…

hmm light weight, thin profile, looks like we have a speedy little booger on our hands here!

That looks absolutley amazing.

Thanks, Chris. Looks good.
I was hoping the news of the demise of HSPIN was premature.

“A man’s got to know his limitations.” :wink: