Customer Service      FAQ      Email Sign Up      My Account      View Cart     
YoYoExpert Forums
October 23, 2017, 07:03:40 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Forums!  Try out our new and improved chat room!

Home   Chat Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ratfacedudeguy's Handy-Dandy Guide to YYR Authentication  (Read 56948 times)
persson
Trade Count: (2)

Italy Italy

Fav. Yo-Yo: yoyorecreation - clyw - vsnewtnon - c3 - yyf
Fav. Trick: grinds - suicide

Thank You
-Given: 79
-Receive: 46

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2016, 02:50:57 AM »

Here are the differences in thickness between one sleipnir authentic and a copy (take that) ... 1,34mm for both.

rizkiyoist
Trade Count: (0)

Indonesia Indonesia

Fav. Trick: 2a Clione

Thank You
-Given: 117
-Receive: 281

-Rizki Hadiaturrasyid-

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2016, 09:02:21 AM »

Exactly the reason why they are fragile.
I don't know, but mine definitely got bent and caused massive vibe that can't be tuned. I can even see the flat part on the cup bent visually.
Never happen or seen on any other yoyo.

"'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' is the stupidest freaking saying in the world.
All of the amazing things, that have happened in human history, is because someone decided to take something they thought is working fine, break it and build something better." -Bryan Lunduke
You just wasted
Amplified
Manufacturer
Trade Count: (23)

United States United States

Fav. Yo-Yo: ART Ovation

Thank You
-Given: 283
-Receive: 502

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2016, 10:39:23 AM »

Have any of you guys seen the fake draupnirs? (the most recent ones) Those things look like they came from the same file...

In the good o'days you could tell a fakenir by its engraving, but now it's like trying to tell the difference between twins. Someone will get scammed easy.

Some of these colors haven't been "officially" released by YYR, but the clear and AP are just scary.

persson

Italy Italy

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »

yes, I saw them about ten days ago, I do not think are fake, have you seen the prices? some (only a few pieces, often not available ... price owl?) are sold at about 70-80 $but most is sold at 350-360 $!... crazy!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:22:28 AM by persson » Logged

persson

Italy Italy

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2016, 11:14:17 AM »

Exactly the reason why they are fragile.
I don't know, but mine definitely got bent and caused massive vibe that can't be tuned. I can even see the flat part on the cup bent visually.
Never happen or seen on any other yoyo.

it is clear that they can not be as strong as the original ones in 7075 but cost $ 20! the sixth part of a YYR authentic ... what do you expect ... but until you whisk them play well as a YYR ... and if you bump them, patiently, $ 20 will get a new one. From the other side, one YYR, is not invulnerable, is not done in "adamantium" and if impacts fort ruins, you will damage the same (always aluminum that is!)
you understand that the material is not a problem for the workability or the thickness and that the cost difference between a 7075 and 6061 bar is ridiculous ... then you made two accounts and draw your own conclusions.

They are made with the same aluminum of a 1drop, a clyw, etc ... or a rebellion ... but already a rebellion which should be "low cost" minimum costs $ 50-60.

P.S. however, now the problem is solved ...these copies are no longer available for several months.

rizkiyoist
Trade Count: (0)

Indonesia Indonesia

Fav. Trick: 2a Clione

Thank You
-Given: 117
-Receive: 281

-Rizki Hadiaturrasyid-

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2016, 11:34:33 AM »

Have any of you guys seen the fake draupnirs? (the most recent ones) Those things look like they came from the same file...

In the good o'days you could tell a fakenir by its engraving, but now it's like trying to tell the difference between twins. Someone will get scammed easy.

Some of these colors haven't been "officially" released by YYR, but the clear and AP are just scary.

Maybe it's just my brain tricking me but there seems to be something off even visually, like, they have "too much"... shine.

"'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' is the stupidest freaking saying in the world.
All of the amazing things, that have happened in human history, is because someone decided to take something they thought is working fine, break it and build something better." -Bryan Lunduke
You just wasted
persson

Italy Italy

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2016, 11:49:28 AM »

pink and AP were made glossy, and the colors seem to those, is the gold that is too shiny and a different shade... but maybe it depends on the pictures ...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: