*Spin Dynamics Official Thread*

Thanks guys, we very much appreciate the support. It was a blast to make. First of many to come!

So where are these Soda Blast Nickel pics… curious people want to see.

Question, is this similar to the Soda Blast Nickel finish that One Drop uses? I know they did the OG MarkMont, MarkMont Next, and the OD/CLYW Wooly MarkMont in that type of finish as well.

Here are a few pictures of both the Soda Nickel Monkey and Soda Nickel Smooth Move. This is one of my favorite finishes on a yo-yo, very durable and very playable. I’m not familiar with processes used by One Drop, but if they soda blasted theirs before plating, there most likely are a lot of similarities. Each yo-yo from this run I soda blasted personally, and used a local shop that specializes in nickel plating only. It was the first time they’d had yo-yos come through their doors, but they did an amazing job!

Check them out!

On the Monkey Fist, the monkey fist knot was adhered to the axle hub through a process called thermarking. This is a neat way to do a logo because it comes out very clear and in black. The lexan caps on the Smooth Move were laser engraved. Fortunately lexan is one of the easiest plastics to engrave, which I didn’t know when I chose the material. The logo showed up black here as well and came out nice and crisp.

A couple more pictures:

Any other questions please feel free to ask :slight_smile: I’m happy to provide info about our products or processes and to post pics. I post most updates on Spin Dynamics’ facebook page and sometimes forget to post them here.

Cool, thanks for the info. Yep, it sounds like your soda/nickel process is almost exactly like what One Drop does, down to the blasting in house. Glad to see others doing this finish as well, it was my favorite part of the OG MarkMont.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: I will most likely do an edition of each Spin Dynamics design with this finish. Lots of people have really liked it

YES! It’s true…
I’ve just received both yoyos in nickel blasted and I have to say they are really “gorgeous”: best finish from my point of view.

@Nick I’ve dropped the Monkey Fist from my hands to the concrete while not playing…GRRRR my hands like a baby!! So 2 little dings…really upset for all the day >:(

Oh no! Sorry that happened so soon! It will still play fine, and hopefully you can just display it on its good side :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, just a heads up that Spin Dynamics’ facebook page is only 9 likes away from 400. When we reach 400, we will do another one of our contests and the winner or winners will be among the first to try out a new product from Spin Dynamics. If you’ve already liked our page, thank you for your support. If you haven’t liked us yet, please check out our page here and give us a like!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spin-Dynamics-YoYo/202192303178705

Yes, it plays fine, no problems. It’s only that when you ding the first time a fine yoyo…it’s like an injury to ourself!!! :cry:
Then it will be cured from time passing by :smiley: and playing a lot with it…

I don’t have a facebook…

But my sister does…

Can she do it for me?

@Shadowz: Absolutely :slight_smile:

Cool!

Are you coming to the Eli Hops for Hope contest?

If you’re wondering who I am…

I was the kid that offered you an old wooden looper at the back of the Theater at MA states. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol. Me and you were trying so hard to get rid of that so you could buy a Trigger.

That was funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I really wanted to get a Trigger there.

Got one anyway with the money I won. :wink:

Ah okay, yeah I remember you! And yes, I will be attending the Eli Hops Fundraiser, looking forward to it :slight_smile: Most if not all of the Spin Dynamics team will be there as well

Cool! Sweet! Looking forward to it. I’m winging it. :stuck_out_tongue:

SPIN DYNAMICS T-SHIRT CONTEST: Good morning, friends! Thanks to all your hard work to help us get to 400 likes, it’s time for a contest! What we’d like to do is have everyone channel their inner designer and submit a creative design (front and back) for Spin Dynamics next T-shirt! The rules are as follows:

1. Must include Spin Dynamics wordmark logo or a styled variation of it. I’ve added the wordmark logo to the picture album “Tshirt Contest” on our facebook page which everyone is welcome to save and use.
  2. Must use a variation of the current color scheme (Black, any gray, and white).
  3. Must have a tag line. Our last shirt said “Engineering High-Quality Precision Yo-Yos in the USA” on the back neckline. Put your own spin on things and come up with our next tagline!
  4. Please post all entries here to our facebook page so that everyone can see. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spin-Dynamics-YoYo/202192303178705

This contest will run through November 17th.The winner receives a brand new Spin Dynamics T-shirt which they helped design, as well as a couple sets of our new response pads!

Designs will be voted on by the Spin Dynamics team.

*Note: For our final design, we may choose to use elements from a couple of different shirts, resulting in multiple winners. If this occurs, EACH person we used a design element from is a winner and will receive the above prizes!

Any questions feel free to ask. Thanks, and have fun!

-Nick

Just wanted to give this a bump so everyone has a chance to know about the t-shirt contest. Check out the post above this one. Thanks!