*Spin Dynamics Official Thread*

Just got the word, the new Spin Dynamics yo-yos drop Monday on YoYoExpert! Limited quantities available, scoop one up while you can!

That sad moment when I can’t afford to buy a yoyo right now…oh well, I’ll buy one up on the bst laters anyway :wink:

Good luck most owners of the Spin Dynamics don’t part with them.

We also have some new additions to the Spin Dynamics website! Lots of new information about how the company began, the latest editions of our products, a section for videos and reviews, and a new section for the Spin Dynamics competition team including pictures and bios.

Check it out here and please feel free to post comments in the blog section: www.spindynamicsyoyo.com

Thanks!
-Nick

The new Monkey Fists and Smooth Moves are live on YoYoExpert!
Check them out here:

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/514/Spin-Dynamics-Smooth-Move

Wow, I don’t know how I ever really missed these yoyos. They look amazing. I love undersized yoyos, so these seem like they would be perfect for me. Once I get some money,I think I will have to pick one of these.

@Jsell14 Thank you!

The Massachusetts State Yo-Yo Contest is this Sunday, Sept. 23rd. Hope everyone is going to be there to share in the fun! Spin Dynamics is helping to sponsor the event, and the YoYoExpert booth will have our brand new releases for sale there. Check them out, they look even better in person!

I will be checking out that soda blast nickel Monkey Fist…can’t wait!!

Why do Spin Dynamics yo-yos play so smooth and stable? Each design uses a stainless steel helicoil insert. For information on how this insert makes for a better yo-yo, click the link!
http://spindynamicsyoyo.com/?page_id=276

Spin Dynamics facebook page is approaching 400 likes! Thank you all for the amazing support you’ve shown. For those of you who are familiar with us, you know that if the Spin Dynamics page reaches 400 likes, its CONTEST TIME! Spin Dynamics has some new products in the works, and I’d love to give some away for people to try :slight_smile: Let’s get to 400 and kick off that contest!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spin-Dynamics-YoYo/202192303178705

Tell your friends! Thanks!
-Nick

Team Spin Dynamics first video “Initiation” drops tomorrow night at 8pm! Get excited!

Spin Dynamics presents : “Initiation.” Our first team video was shot in beautiful downtown Northampton. Check out Ethan Bein, Douglas Kapinos, Shane O’Donnell, and Nick Gumlaw showing off their moves using Spin Dynamics’ latest products. Enjoy!

Oh SNAP!!! Sick video…I like the style of it, nice backdrops, great skills and some fantastically made throws. Great job. The camera loves you guys. Love it!!

GREAT video!!! loved it… Thats the 413 baby!!!

Thanks guys, we very much appreciate the support. It was a blast to make. First of many to come!

So where are these Soda Blast Nickel pics… curious people want to see.

Question, is this similar to the Soda Blast Nickel finish that One Drop uses? I know they did the OG MarkMont, MarkMont Next, and the OD/CLYW Wooly MarkMont in that type of finish as well.

Here are a few pictures of both the Soda Nickel Monkey and Soda Nickel Smooth Move. This is one of my favorite finishes on a yo-yo, very durable and very playable. I’m not familiar with processes used by One Drop, but if they soda blasted theirs before plating, there most likely are a lot of similarities. Each yo-yo from this run I soda blasted personally, and used a local shop that specializes in nickel plating only. It was the first time they’d had yo-yos come through their doors, but they did an amazing job!

Check them out!

On the Monkey Fist, the monkey fist knot was adhered to the axle hub through a process called thermarking. This is a neat way to do a logo because it comes out very clear and in black. The lexan caps on the Smooth Move were laser engraved. Fortunately lexan is one of the easiest plastics to engrave, which I didn’t know when I chose the material. The logo showed up black here as well and came out nice and crisp.

A couple more pictures:

Any other questions please feel free to ask :slight_smile: I’m happy to provide info about our products or processes and to post pics. I post most updates on Spin Dynamics’ facebook page and sometimes forget to post them here.