*Spin Dynamics Official Thread*

Just a question about the Monkey Fist. I was curious if the Glacier edition is Soda Blasted. I heard that some editions would be, but don’t know which. I got a Glacier Edition at NER, and really like it. I find it awkward how it is so strangely heavy for its small size, but I digress. It grinds very well, and would like to know its finish. Thanks in advance.

Yes, the finish for the Monkey Fist is a soda blast, all editions ended up getting soda blasted this time around. However only the outer area was soda blasted. The inner hub was left unblasted and then polished. It gives a neat, subtle contrast. Glad you’re liking the Monkey Fist!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the quick response. It was great meeting you at NER.

Nice meeting you as well :slight_smile:

When is the MF releasing on YYE? (I know, i’m too lazy to type full words.)

should be any day now…yye has them in hand…they are just getting the photos done and all that “stuff” they need to do…but soon my friend…very soon.

Yes indeed, I believe tomorrow night the Monkey Fist goes live on YoYoExpert! Andre will do a countdown so we’ll know exactly when :slight_smile:

Just got official word: The Monkey Fist yo-yo goes live on YoYoExpert tomorrow, countdown begins today! All colors will be in stock, including the elusive Cragan Edition! (Gun metal with splashed inner hub). Cragans come with a special colored string from Weaver Strings, which plays great and is VERY durable! Every edition of the Monkey Fist is soda blasted, except of course the mirror polished. I love this throw more each time I pick it up, and in its short time since release it’s already building quite the list of achievements! (Longest sleep time for this yo-yo timed at 10 mins. 30 secs at RI states, Iron Whip world record broken at NER using Monkey Fist, 198 consecutive whips!) This is one throw you won’t want to miss out on for sure! Release video to accompany the launch of the yo-yo!

2 Likes

Just saw the countdown AND watched the video. Great editing and great tricks in that vid.

Thanks! Devon from YoYoExpert did all the editing :slight_smile:

how could any one not want this yoyo…the moment you get it in your hand you will understand why we love it soooo much…you WILL be blown away…you should realy get 2…one to throw…one to put away and keep all nice and stuff…it will be looked back on as a game changer…

Right I love my Monkey Fist cragan edition it’s so smooth.

1 Like

The Monkey Fist is officially on YYE! And now we wait patiently for the next Spin Dynamics prototype.

1 Like

hey thanks you guys…and just so you know …spin d’ is hard at work working on a new thow…but as you know, nick g. will not drop it till he is 150% sure it is perfect…thats just the way spin d rolls…

hey all…check out new photos on the spin d site and face book page…good stuff.

Hey all! Just wanted to put out the word that Spin Dynamics has a special edition of our first two designs coming out in about a month. The Smooth Move and Monkey Fist will be presented with a beautiful finish with unique contrast, and will have some really neat packaging and laser marking! Yes, nickel plating and soda blasting are involved in this :slight_smile: Keep an eye here and on our facebook page for updates as they become available. When things get a little further along, I’ll post some pictures. We’re close though, we will be sending parts to plating in the next 10 days!

-Nick

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]happy. happy, joy, joy.[/size][/size][/size]

and just so y’all know…there will be some special additions comeing out with this next round of smooths and monkeys…they will be sick…

Yo-yo update: The latest run of Smooth Moves and Monkey Fists will be ready to go before the end of the month!
-This run will feature a special soda blasted nickel coating, and also a really neat “Dynamic Edition”, which will be a matte/gloss black combo with soda splash inner hub.
-Soda blasted Nickel limited to 25 Smooth’s and 25 Monkey Fists, and each one will come with a microsuede hand made pouch that can be used to polish your yoyo, and can clip right on your carabiner and act as a holster! The Dynamic Edition will be limited to 15 of each yoyo. These are going to look and play great! More info and pics to come soon, keep an eye here.

Thanks!

Haven’t tried a Spin Dynamics yo-yo yet? YoYoExpert is offering the chance for you to get both designs for the price of one! Purchase a first run Monkey Fist and if you find the special Monkey Fist knot inside the box, you win a 1 of 1 YYE edition splash Smooth Move! The odds of winning have greatly increased. You now have roughly a 1 in 15 chance of claiming the prize, and a 100% chance of getting an amazing throw that may never be run in these beautiful solid colors again! More details here:

Thanks!
-Nick