Introducing the PatCon signtarure series: Theory [Pictures!]

Oh shiz.

make a video on how it plays!

I DON’T HAVE IT YET!

I’m collaborating with my business partner as we speak!

1 Like

video. now.

This thread is a lot more fun on YYN, lol.

Your Yoyo is almost perfect! Just needs a flamejob and a spoiler!

Ugh. I’ve been having issues with the machine shop I’m working with. The problem is, they want to produce a design that is suitable for mass-production, but my intentions were not to make that much. I’m on the search for more specific local shops.

Stay tuned. Some good might come of this yet.

Define “not make that much”.

Do you mean “I don’t want to end up reaping massive profits from this so I can wipe by rear with $20 bills” kind of “not make that much”

Or “I only wanted to make a small quantity of these”.

However, based on the size, I think even making a few would be mass production as that thing is massive!

Woah man, who made that monsterous thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

me

I dunno mann!

This thread was every entertaining to read, thank you to everyone who posted on it. ;D

I would say that what you should really do is save your money for when it releases. The thing that will REALLY be entertaining is playing one. I know I will.

just a quick question, Whats the Weight gonna be? I mean if it’s gonna be on the heavy side String is gonna be an issue, I make string and I must say that your normal string is pretty strong. But after 3-4 good throws and you might end up sending it across the room and put a hole in the wall lol. I’m almost betting that this 40wt Rayon/Viscose twisting in the right thickness would make a strong enough string

Well, the axle snapped, so…

Son, I am disappoint

What Material was it that you where using?

Every time I go to the hardware store I always see in one of the corners a Box of different Lengths and Sizes of Metal Threaded Rods (I don’t know maybe Steel or Aluminum) and when I see them I alway think to myself that those could be useful, for what I’m not sure but something will come to mind. So Maybe, Just Maybe it could work for your Theory and even make it a little stronger, who knows.

I know that some hardware stores like Ace or Aubuchon Hardware and even Home Depot or Lowe’s Carry Threaded Rods of different sizes and I know their long, but I’m not sure if they can cut the length you want or if you have to buy it the length it comes (but nothing a Hack Saw can’t handle). so heres what I was thinking
Click Here For Pics

Never use all thread for an axle. Cutting and getting the end of the threads right so it will screw into the yo is a bit tough. Better just go to a place like ACE Hardware and buy set screws. That’s all the yoyo manufacturers use. They don’t make their axles. They buy them. I bought 100 for a lot less than you think.

The problem isn’t getting the set screws, it’s waiting and finding a shop so I can remachine new halves to accommodate the 1/2" axle