Introducing the PatCon signtarure series: Theory [Pictures!]

how long to sale pat??

PRICE PRICE PRICEEE

Working on it!

YOURE THE MAN

Whoah! It looks really, bulky. Is it even playable?

7 Likes

Surprisingly playable. Might have to refine the guts a bit. More info soon!

200g?! gonna need some kevlar or steel-laden string :smiley:

I think I might be on to something…

http://images.wikia.com/kongregate/images/a/a0/Trollface2.png

Naw this it too legit. I mean he did have pictures…

more tomorrow

Hey guys. Little bit of an update.

The Theory has been running through a few rough patches in development. First of all, the standard sized axle doesn’t work well in the design at all. After a few minutes of play, the axle bent, and eventually snapped. This will not suffice in a production run, as players’ standards for a a yoyo not falling in two during play is surprisingly high. The Theory is to be re-machined at a later date to accommodate for a 1/2" set screw axle. This will hopefully solve the whole issue.

Another hurdle related to the axle issue is the bearing. Though my original signature preferences called for a D sized bearing and Dif pad response, this will not work with the new 1/2" axle setup. I contacted my business partner regarding the possibility of a different bearing/response, and we seem to have reached a solution. The solution is twofold, as the D bearing and pad response in itself is a very unpopular combination by the standards of today’s players. We opted to, in fact, follow the bigger is better mentality and the love for OneDrops famous ten ball bearings by replacing the D-sized 6 ball bearing with the lesser known OMG-sized 22 ball bearing.

The retooling will happen sometime later. Be sure to stay stoked. I know I am.

That will be oh so smooth on the string with 22balls! Sigh me up! :slight_smile:

Hmm, interesting, but it looks a little thin, perhaps you should try a deep groved radial ball bearing…

I thought smooth was what you were fighting on this one? Those rust chips on the edge don’t look very good for smoothness. That brings another thing to mind: Are the protos more expensive for ‘the company’ to make because it’s so huge?

22 Balls? OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH

im in

Will you be selling replacement bearings?

Got another half machined for the OMG sized bearing. Weighs in at 256g for one half.

Why is this in quotes? Are you citing someone else?

quoting you good sir. I’d also be interested in knowing what the company was.

It is an up and starting company. I’m not really in charge of releasing any info regarding it, as we are not a hype machine. Product first, after all!