The Decapod by TEN YOYO - Yet another YOYO Company :P

Hey Skip - You would be the target audience for something like this.

The Wet Whistle in its current design pours 1 oz from each side if you pour to the top. Which would be the approximate Equivalent of a Nip in Australia. So to pour a double you would just pour twice from one side.

The inside of the halves are stepped to indicate .5oz and 3/4 oz as well for mixing cocktails.

With these markings you can mix and match to pour any size you need and still have a playble sized yoyo. For instance if you need to pour 1.5 oz just do 1 full pour and 1 half pour.

-Hope this helps.

nice…

So you made a yoyo that has another purpose than fun? Pure Gold!

these yoyos look amazing so far!! nice work…how much will they be when u sell them ?

We are still working out pricing. We are trying to be creative with our machinist to get the best pricing possible while maintaining the highest quality.

We are using Dif-E-Yo KK bearings on all our yoyos so far.

For the Decapods we will be using 7075 aluminum which costs a bit more than normal 6061 but we thinks its necessary for a real player like this. We are buying the raw aluminum bars in bulk to keep the costs down as much as possible.

The Wet Whistle will be made out of 6061 aluminum to keep the costs more accessible to non-yoyoing bartenders that want to get into yoyoing for their routines.

Once we get all the protos dialed in and all the costs calculated we will set a price. They will probably fall in around the average price of high end metals. We will do our best to put these out at the best price we can.

I would argue that both purposes are fun and when combined hilarious things can happen ;D

i love the Wet Whistle!!! too bloody clever

Now thats made of pure awesomeness :smiley:
I checked out ur website are its pretty fancy. The design is nice the yoyos are awesome so overall I wish you succsess.

We had to start a yoyo company because our wives wouldn’t let us buy any more yoyos! [/center]
[/quote]
To funny ;D

my yoyo team is deffinatley intrested, put me on your mailing list, austyn.baltimore@gmail.com

i have a decapod prototype and just cant stop playing it. It is amazing at regens and horizontal play

Shout out to Roo (;

Thanks for the shout out :wink: So glad you like the Decapod.

-Cheers!

dude that looks awesome ill totally order

How ya goin!

Check out the promo video of the Wet Whistle by TEN YOYO

Thanks for watching  :wink:

hey, make sure the decapodes, edges aren’t too sharp to it woun’t be a string cutter

you might be able to drive the cost of your production down a little more with 2024 alu in place of 7075.
its strength and hardness characteristics are very similar to 7075, the only major difference is 7075 has a higher zink content for corrosion resistance.

Kyle

Thanks for your concern. So far we haven’t had any string cutting or mishaps from the Decapod. That is why we are still prototyping. Eventhough the Decapod is designed with edges, we put a radius on all the proper places. For more safety measures, these yoyos are electropolished and bead blasted to avoid cutting. Especially around the prone places like the bearing area.

-Cheers!

Thanks for the advice. Do you know how well it anodizes?

it requires a slightly different process then 6061 or 7075 because it has a higher copper content. i would check with you anodizers to see their capabilities and if what their price difference may be.

-Kyle

:o :o :o

That video has a great sense of production quality
or maybe I just loved the song ether way lol

Its great to see so much advice flying around

Hope all your dreams for TEN YOYO come true
because I think you guy have a solid amount originality in your throw designs

Keep it up

PLEASE PM I WILL HAPPILY BUY ANY OF THESE WHEN THERE READY
;D