Warning to all beginner SpinTop players!

When first learning tricks such as Drum Beat, and you are using a metal tipped top…WEAR YOUR SHOES :smiley:

WOW!!! That’s a good one. Your foot finger has been most unfortunate.

Oooohhhh pretty colors…

It’s like a Unicorn took a dump on your foot…

Ouch! I just learned trapeze yesterday so I’ll have to remember that…actually I may have been working on trapeze in my socks for a bit?..

Ouch that must hurt.

Yhaa, it wasn’t fun :smiley:

Lol i just noticed it looks like you colored that area with marker xD. I feel like going into spintops, ill get one soon…

Ouch… was the top okay? :stuck_out_tongue:

Jk, I’m sure it hurt, but that’s part of the learning process

Did the same thing to my self with cigar box’s a few years ago. It took 10 months to get better.

oh! that´s must be very painful…
I will give you another advise…If youa re going to practice tricks like the ones this guy does (my teacher, by the way) you must put tape on the sides of your tennis shoes, mainly if you do these tricks witha big top, like spintastics trompo grande, or a Giulia Top, or another big top, and heavy top, of course, I give these advice in order to avoid you more pain…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biQHaT7xm1g

Gustavo Castro uses a small and light top (but even with this kind of tops, the pain can appear too)
and the pain you feel in your feet is less than with heavy and big tops.

Broken nails, injurys in fingers, pain in knees, feet, and…
the most dangerous with the top, (I say this by personal experience) is to throw a very high trapecio…almost all the time, I use glassess to protect my eyes…one day, I sufferred a very big blow in my eye…so …one day one teacher say to me in university…all the learning is with pain…