Welcome to yophosis (Chris Neff) as our first official Spin Top Moderator!

Welcome to yophosis (Chris Neff) as our first official Spin Top Moderator!

Chris Neff was actually a professional demonstrator for Duncan and starred in the ever famous “How to be a Player” learning series of videos (I personally learned to throw a spin top from those originally!).

He is currently very active in the world of ‘spin tops’ and has been actively competing with some intense tricks in freestyle!

You will not find many with better advice then this guy when it comes to spin tops!

Check him out at Worlds with his freestyle below and welcome him as a new moderator for the beginning of a YoYoExpert Spin Top forum community!

1 Like

w00t. This is great. :slight_smile:

Awwww, thanks for the intro!
I’m proud to be a part of this, and I hope I can help you players take this skill toy to the next level.

Some history - Jon Gates taught me how to throw tops somewhere around 1998, and I could do most of the basic stuff by the time How To Be A Player Vol. II was shot. I always felt a little guilty that I was a novice spin top player on a spin top instructional video. My yo yo career went into a coma around 2001, and when I went to Worlds in 2009 to check up on things, I was speechless at the level and number of yo-yo players now. I expected to come home and yo-yo my fingers off, but while at Worlds, I met Jorge Alcoz, host of iTopSpin.com, and after browsing the status of spin tops, well that’s really all I do with my free time :). Since October of 2009, I’ve learned regenerations, invented new tricks, acquired and played with all the tops I could get my hands on, started making my own string, and now I make my own tops. I got second overall at 2010 Worlds and 2010 Nationals, lost to Darren Kim both times (i’m gonna get you, sucka!).

I am very proud to be on the Italian spin top team Strummol8 (S8). Please know that my affiliation with S8 will not effect my objectivity, but I won’t shy away from pointing out what makes a top good or bad. The other manufacturers have some catching up to do, and when they do, it will make me and the Owner of Strummol8 very happy. We’re here to take it to the next level.

So yeah, let’s throw some tops!

Neff is really cool and nice, he ll answer every question you will ask him if it’s on top … or if it’s on something he know, i thanks him i learn some good stuff from this perfect guy…!!

Welcome Chris! I meet you at nationals this year and the advice you gave my dad really got him back onto spin tops. I haven’t seen him this jazzed about them since I was a little kid. Thank you and I know you will make a great mod on this forum.

Good to see a real top player here. Also glad it you Chris. lol We need to meet up again at moyo next year. More paps. lol

WOOO!!! I will Gladly welcome you to YYE!!! :smiley:

Thanks for the welcomes.

I suppose I should post my video channels:

Some vids are on both channels, some aren’t, some are quick instructional, others are… not, and after you watch a few you may feel the urge to tell me to get out of my basement.

Its great to have Neff as a moderator, he is very helpfull and full of spintop knowledge

Welcome Neff, Is great to see trompos expanding

moderate me sensei!

You make that sound dirty

This is sick

Nothing dirty about it at all. Kevin and I are good friends. He does require some moderation tho :wink:

What is?

It sounds really Asian :smiley:

Little beetle will learn a lot with Neff…