how i could open a duncan butterfly?

is there any way i could open a duncan butterfly not the vintage one.

i tried many methods and it didnt open

is there is anyway?

After you open it, the yoyo will not close. Here is how: twist and pull the two halves apart with all your force.

Ask someone in your family or a friend stronger than you to rip it apart

STOP!
its hammer time :smiley:

1 Like

Use a butterfly knife and pry it open one side at a time, then glue it back together when you’re done I suppose.

Why do you want to do this?

Anyway, the axle is fixed in the shell. To get it apart just twist and pull. As noted above you will need to use some glue to get it back together. A few years back people were doing this to replace the metal axle with a 1/4 inch wooden dowel. Made them play a little nicer. You can remove the caps fairly easily too. There is a small hole at the edge of the cap. You can stick something in there and pry them off.

The only real reason I can think of would be to mod it and add a real axle and bearing.

Meaning him no disrespect, but if he has to ask how to get it apart, he’s in no position to do a bearing mod on it.

2 Likes

I broke the string and i can’t figure out how to get it back on. Help?

1 Like

You’ll need to get a new string if it’s broken :frowning:
Here’s a video on how to put strings on:

Mod edit: Fixed to use a tutorial video from THIS site rather than a competing site…
Thanks

https://yoyoexpert.com/learn/003-basic-yo-yo-string.php

–edit–
Thanks JHB for the better video! I wasn’t aware that Andre made one :D. I should’ve looked harder.

3 Likes

Thanks was a lot of help.

1 Like