NH yoyo BBQ July 31st. Nashua NH

So your gonna keep it? I need that P2. I am sure I can convince my parents.

Yeah it was awsome to meet the people behind the usernames. I can’t wait to see how the dv888 looks.

HAHA Another one traded Blue protostar on the way

Jim I didn’t trade any yoyos either. I still want to try your 5 star really bad.
Anyway I had a really great time hanging out with everyone and trying everyones yoyos. I have to say thanks to patrick for giving my chaotic and New Breed miror finishes and for teaching me his repeater. I look forward to the meet next month and I hope we can do a bbq every year!

Glad I could help out. And you can count on this being an annual event :wink:

I want to thank everyone again for making this all possible. I couldn’t have done it without you (or at least it would be very boring ;D )

Steve and Dana, expect thank-you videos soon. I’ve been working on combos that fit the personality of each yoyo. I am also working on the actual BBQ edit :slight_smile:

The video is almost done! ~8 minutes for the export and prolly 10 for the youtube and vimeo upload!

How do I look in that shoot?

Before anyone bugs me: you all look fine, don’t worry about it

EDIT: upload complete, just waiting on Youtube to process the video

HUGENORMOUS EDIT:

1 Like

I looked foolish. But that was one fun BBQ. I should have filmed more tricks but due to my awesomeness you guy would have burned. :stuck_out_tongue:

Video Notes-

*I was never drooling over a hatrick. I have my own.
*I am not a tard, shouting was for effect.

-Jim

oooohoooo someone’s getting defensive! Let it ride dude, we all did pretty bad hahaha

The video was awsome

I liked it. That being watched though, we can do much better. Although Durfee looked great I must say. I also know Steve has some great stuff that would tape well, he just needs a brighter string so we can see whats going on. If we can not be so intimidated by the camera this video thing could be pretty fun.

Overall Pat you did good, thanks for putting that together. Maybe we could try it again at the next meet?

Keep in mind it wasn’t about showing off tricks, it’s about having fun. That beging said, I focused the mood of the edit towards that. More about the people, you know? Unfortunatly I’m not going to be shooting at the next meet, it’s just too time consuming.

How could I not see that? I just figured camera = do tricks. This is why you brought the camera and I didn’t. I would have to say you nailed it then.

All right Pat, my first post on the vid was premature. I watched it once distracted and tired. Now I find myself watching it over and over. There is a bunch of good stuff in there trick wise. I love it!!
The table full of yoyos looks awsome too. How many hours of footage did you have to go through?

I think I had 47 minutes of footage to work with. I totally forgot to put you, Jim, and Max playing jackpot with the offstrings! That would’ve been good to add. Mabye next BBQ or next time I bring a camera I can put together 2 edits, one for tricks and one for people. Or I could make a video with 2 or more parts, each seperated by transition shots and a different track of music?

Yes! Dude, that would be awesome. And you should have the song. One man wrecking machine- Guster.

I personally can’t stop watching the BBQ edit. Very well done.

This was the track I was hoping to do next time:

EDIT: the video isn’t embedding, just youtube: OK GO - This Too Shall Pass

I have a vision with a instrumental from my brothers latest CD that I would like to try to put together. If you guys don’t mind giving me some stuff to tape, next time we meet I’ll bring my video camera (you are all way better than me). My only problem is I have never created a video before so no gaurentee on success from my end.

the video looked pretty fun.