Introduce Yourself!

Hello! My name is James. I’ve been yoyoing for about a year now. Figured it was time to make an account here. I hope to make some friends and have some fun

Hello! I am Sidney, a highschooler. My story connected to yo-yo is far less emotional than many of the other replies here, but I still believe it to be important to share. I have always been very focused on 1-2 things. When a received a Yomega Spectrum as a present, I decided to give it a try. I have very poor fine motor and hand eye coordination skills, so even bringing the yo-yo back up was a challenge! Fast forward 8 months to the present, and I yo-yo’s are one of the most important things in my life. I yo-yo for 1-3 hours every day, and I am constantly pushing myself to learn and create new tricks. Some of my best accomplishments include Toru Miyazaki’s tech combo, Andrew Maider’s GT, and Zack Gormley’s star. I recently joined the forum, and I will be happy to interact w/ other yo-yo’ers more, rather than “solitary yo-yo.”

What are you doing here when you could be throwing?!

Hey Everyone, long time yoyoer first time forumer…if that makes sense

Hello I’m just a 13 yearold yoyoer
Who been playing with yoyos for 5 months,I’ve played with a few way before than ,but this time I’m serious about it like trying to soon enter contest and maybe get my own signature yoyo.i look up too peter kavka in the yoyo world and hope to be like him.

Hey everybody, my name is Jared Canizales, and I started yoyoing about 5.5 years ago. Also a bit of a maker, just recently began 3D printing. For the past few years, I haven’t been yoyoing a whole lot, but I’d like to get back into it. My favorite yoyo currently is the YYF Super G. As for my favorite trick, I’d probably say “The Matrix”, but I’m excited to learn some new, more impressive ones. I came across yoyoexpert.com just googling back when I was new to yoyoing, and I come back occasionally, but I just now decided to join the forum. :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m Anthony. I gained my interest in yoyoing way back during Super Yoyo (anime) is airing. From then on, I bought a couple of yoyos and lost interest since the yoyo technology back then is not good compared nowadays. I just got back into yoyoing this year after buying a YYF Replay Pro. I aim to learn all 1A trick available on the internet and hopefully join an official contest. Favorite trick currently is the kamikaze.

Whoa… long time no see. While I doubt any of y’all remember me I was pretty active here a couple years ago. I haven’t stopped throwing thankfully. It’s still such a fun thing to do to get your mind off things or the perfect activity to do while listening to an album or something. Just figured I’d say hey.

Great to be here! My name is Mark and I’m from Missoula, Montana. Been throwing for a bit over a year, but I’m just now getting serious about advancing my skills. I’m definitely a late starter (going to be 42 soon), but I just love it. Throwing is such a great stress release, and I enjoy the collecting aspect of the hobby as well. My favorite yoyo is currently the CLYW Compass, and in the undersized category, it’s the General Yo Mini Star2. My favorite trick is. . . the most recent one I finally learn and land.

Yoyoing is great fun no matter what age. Keep it up st least till you are my age and have fun. BTW Welcome!

Glad to see some “older” dudes on here. I’m 43 and got into it about 6 months ago and I’m hooked just like you. Love learning new tricks and collecting as well. It’s definitely an addictive activity in all the right ways. What are you working on ? How many throws have you got so far ?

Isn’t maturity wonderful?

i’ll be 55 next month. just started 3 months ago. LOVING IT. I’ve got about a dozen yoyos now, and i have learned a couple dozen tricks so far

Hey all!

Late starter here, if you don’t count my early adventures with an old Glow Duncan Imperial :slight_smile:

My 9 year old son and I got hooked about the same time, and can’t seem to put our throws down for more than a few minutes at a time! Going on about 2 months. Glad to join the crew here of ‘silver foxes’, as I’m 43, and getting younger each birthday :slight_smile:

Anyhow, thanks for having me and seeya in the threads.

Kyo

Yoyoing with kids makes it all the more fun. Welcome!

I am Allan Wiskowski and I am a Pipefitter Apprentice at Newport News Shipbuilding in Virginia, USA!

I am 20 years old and it is hard to say what my favorite yoyo is as I just started about several months ago. By as of now it would be a tie between The Titanium Shutter or the Black with gold rings YYF Edge! They both just play so well that it is hard to choose! But I will also be getting the Yo Yo tricks civility yoyo so I will see how that one fares against those. Can’t wait!

My favorite trick would be Eli Hops which I still have not got the hang of and can only manage to make it hop once but nonetheless it is such a fun trick when it gets going!

-Wiz

Nice ! :facepunch:

Welcome wiz ! :+1:

Soooo, hello everybody, my name is Andre (Most people call me andrew)
I’m a mexican 16yo and I’ve been throwing for about a year now, I kind of an introvert and shy at first but when I get to know a person I am very supportive and open minded, anyways that’s one of thee reasons I started throwing, to be more calm and open when people are watching me, so far the community has been super supportive and great in many ways and I look foward to getting to know as many awesome people as I can in this great hobby
Some other hobbies of mine are painting and invert keeping, specially tarantulas!

Welcome. You write in English very well.

Hi, I’m a pretty new to yoyoing but I like to do it sometimes in my free time. I play a lot of musical instruments too, so I guess I just like practicing stuff a lot! ;D