Introduce Yourself!

Welcome!

Just picking things back up at age 30. I played quite a bit when I was 14-15, always into string tricks for sure. I used a lot of Yomega products then because I didn’t know a ton about all types of yoyos. Not that Yomega is a bad product or anything, after reading up I am just learning there are a ton of different ones out there. I got myself a Raider to get back into stuff. That was my precious favorite and I used to be able to pull off some decent string tricks with it, although I’m learning I’ll need something a little less responsive and to learn to bind to get longer tricks in. I also have a Maverick on the way as well as a YYF Velocity. I got myself some Toxic Dragon strings and thick lube as well. Just wondering ab anymore tips or tricks for starting back up? I appreciate it!

Welcome back to the throw. Just look in the learn section here, it will keep you busy for a long while. And have fun.

Welcome back!

And I have to ask…where did you find the Toxic Dragon strings?

My tip is to yo-yo everyday. I keep a yo-yo in my car so I can play before I start my shift and during my lunch break. Also try not to get discouraged if you feel like you’re not constantly making progress. It’s better to compare yourself month to month instead of week to week or day to day. I would start with the tricks in the learn section on this site. Also don’t be afraid to ask questions on here if you get stuck. I find posting videos of myself on here when I need help is very beneficial. I bought a tripod, phone mount, and head mount for a gopro on Amazon. I also bought a used GoPro on eBay.

In my opinion, this isn’t necessary. Yoyoing is about having fun and enjoying the ride. If you don’t feel like it, what’s the point? I do what seems fun at the moment and don’t push to learn anything new in yoyoing unless it has some fun factor to it (which could include the the journey of learning the trick, including the frustrations). Maybe this is why I’m not a very good yoyoer for how long I’ve been in the hobby :wink:

Actually a friend of mine had them sitting around from a few years ago…just never used them!

Noob

Thanks for the warm welcomes and I’ll post any questions I have! I appreciate!

Noob

If you don’t like them, let me know and I’ll buy them from you :slight_smile:

They’re my favorite strings, and they stopped making them :frowning:

I started yoyoing 4-5 years ago and around 2years ago I stopped (the reason? I honestly don’t remember probably due to time and boredom). I’m a senior in highschool now and since it’s second semester I have some free time so I thought why not. ALthough I wasn’t really up to date on anythign yoyo related, in the past year I’ve started keeping up with the yoyo scene again and stuff like that. I’m honestly really rusty and don’t remember much other than the basics but the basecamp expedition really caught my eye and I decided to pick one up along with the highly praised shutter which seems to be a staple in everyone’s collection these days. I’ve also thought of posting reviews and videos so if anyone has anything they would like to ask me or know regarding the yoyos feel free to leave a response belowwwww. :slight_smile:

You got it!

Noob

I am a 50 year old beginner. My wife bought me a DV888 with unresponsive upgrade for our anniversary a couple of months ago - now I’m hooked. Hopefully I’ll be able to celebrate another anniversary after she finds out I ordered a markmont classic today!

Lol :wink: welcome!

1 Like

Welcome, welcome,welcome! Being of age myself I know how wives can react. Best advice? Get the grand-kids interested. That will make grandma happy. And most important: Have Fun!

1 Like

I’m 53 and just getting started. A friend told me about YoYoing and it looks like a lot of fun. I have beenusing a Yomega Xodus II that my friend gave me. I just bought a DV888. I can do the basic Rock the Baby, Dizzy Baby, and Man in Trapeze, but not much more.

Rick in TX

That’s a great start! If you have any questions, just let us know and we will attempt to help out the best we can! :slight_smile:

Hey rick! If you need help learning anything, let us know!

Another community! I’ve been throwing for a couple months now, and I can’t stop. I’m pretty much obsessed, but it seems like I’ve finally found a hobby where obsession doesn’t mean becoming a tuned out monster. I love it.

I am active on reddit and a Facebook group, but now I found this! Too cool.

WOW! There are more full grown kids joining our ranks. WELCOME! Have fun.

Hi everyone! I had my first yoyo back in the 90s when I was in 6th grade. It was a glow imperial and I learned how to sleep, forward pass, rock the cradle, and do a couple loops. Then one day I lost that yoyo and never got around to replacing it. Fast forward to about a month ago when I see a youtube on my ted talks showing some guy wearing a ninja costume doing these insane yoyo tricks! I rationalized it would be cool to be able to do a third of the stuff he does. I begin to look up more videos and come across Ed Haponik videos and immediately become impressed with the stuff he does with the yoyos I grew up with vs the unresponsive complexities of the modern yoyo. I have since purchased a no jive 3 in 1, a duncan butterfly, a duncan imperial, and a butterfly xt. Sadly despite my efforts the passed month I still suck! Lol! I am lookinv to get better thanks!