Introduce Yourself!

Had the same problem with my old K7… :confounded:

Yoyo yo! I go by zxin, I casually collect & play with retro games, OD yoyos. I’m a general hobbyist, I’ve always loved computers, and I like yoyoing. Thus, we are here!
#oldschoolBBCode

Hey,

Jake here.

New yo-yoer… Just got my first yo-yo for christmas, and just started learning the basics. Didn’t realize there was such a huge following for this hobby, and decided to give it a try for myself.

Came for the bst seen here. Like yoyos why else would I be here. If you like yoyos youll eventually find out about yye. Hoping to find some good deals on some cool throws. ;D

1 Like

Greetings everyone I’m from Rockford Illinois and was playing online and decided to check the museum page out, as I heard it was going again! I’m more a collector than a player these days, but still dust them off every now and then. I’m very interested in how other collectors display their collections. Feel free to send me pics/info as I want to move from curios to wall mounted displays.

I already posted here a while back, but it’s been over 6 months since I was on the forum so I’m re-introducing myself.

My name is Jerwin, I’ve been doing string trick yoyoing for about a year and a half with lots of looping tricks before that. I lost my yoyo last July and I wasn’t able to get a new one until recently. Now I’m using a Protostar and re-learning all of my tricks. If anyone needs a stupid remark, just PM me. :slight_smile:

Hey what’s up guys my name is Max out here in New York City I’m just now getting back into the art of yo-yoing I started off with a couple of magic yo-yos but soon realized I needed to upgrade to a pro yo-yo so I just placed the order for one drop to on into the art of yo-yoing I started off with a couple of magic yo-yos but soon realized I needed to upgrade to a pro yo-yo so I just placed the order for a one drop t1and a protostar and some string and oil

Hello everyone on YYE, its been a super long time since I have been on here, and I have even taken quite a break from yo-yoing due to family emergencies and my own health problems. I’m posting this to let everyone know I am doing okay, (for now) and I do think about you guys as a community, and as a family. I’m slowly picking back up where I left off when I was yo-yoing. I cant wait to post videos, pictures, and of course threads here in the forums. My yoyo skills have diminished sadly, and I’m no longer as good as I once was. But I’m just happy to be back and being a thrower again. I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to seeing you on the threads, and you can find me on IG.

Welcome back to the throw!

I was honestly wondering what was going on with you! Hadn’t seen you on in forever! Great to see you back! Hopefully things keep going well! :slight_smile:

Hey all,

I know this is my first post on the forum but I used to be pretty active in TheYoStore and other old communities back in the day. I was in the yo-yo scene around 2004-2006 and had a good collection of YYJs at the time. A while ago, my car got broken into while I was visiting my girlfriend and someone stole my yo-yo case from my car, likely thinking it was some sort of laptop case. Most of the yo-yos were replaceable like fireballs and raiders, but I lost a few yo-yos that I haven’t been able to replace. A Black Nova, Clessiah, Sigma Blade, and SpinMaster. It recently came to my attention that YYJ went out of business and that’s what lead me to buying some yo-yos that I remember fondly from that era. I know it’s a long shot, but I’m back at this forum to check in on my old stomping grounds and hopefully pick up stuff that means a lot to me.

Hey folks,

Some 12 years ago I was a pretty active modder… and on the forums every day.

I had to sell my lathe (boo) and I dropped out of the community.

I’m way behind on the latest yoyos… (I’m an old fart)

But I still throw every day and have lots of yoyos that I would like to sell.

So once I get the hang of posting images again, I’ll start up on BST.

By any chance if you remember me or have some of my old ‘Feral Mods’, I would love to hear from you and what you think of em.

Cheers

Feralparrot

1 Like

Good to see you back. Loved your work. Sorry to see you sold your lathe.

Welcome back to the forums!

If anyone doesn’t recognize the name, this is the guy who machined the famous Ends!

1 Like

Hello, my name is Matthew and I am a relatively new to yoyoing (just started about 6 months ago). I currently own a Skyva, Replay Pro, and a Hidra. I’m interested in learning more about yoyos and trying to find new ones for me to use!

Hi,

I have been yoyoing for a few months and I love it. I use a YYF Replay Pro for 1A, but I want to get the YYF Flight for off-string yoyoing soon. I can do lots of tricks and it looks like there is a lot of great info on here. I’ll see you around.

Welcome back! As long as you are enjoying the throwing, that’s all that matters :sunglasses:

We’re not happy until you’re not happy! *<B{Q>

Hiya. I tried getting into the hobby a few years ago, but it didn’t stick. My xcon would hit my face and floor more than the strings…but now I think I’m starting to get the hang of things and I look forward to learning a lot of cool tricks

Sorry but that was hilarious! I feel like that is totally me when I’m trying to learn looping and some fixed axel stuff :stuck_out_tongue: welcome to the forums!

Slow and easy wins the race. WELCOME and have fun.