Introduce Yourself!

Welcome! Check out yoyospirit on the forums here for mods! :slight_smile:

Heyo! My name is Sergio Manuel, I am 13, and I have been yo-yoing since my grandma (on my Father’s Side) has given me some kind of Looping yoyo with LED lights, BUT, it came with a CD, and i learned most of my tricks from Yomega.
Currently, I think I am a level… I don’t really know… So I can do ladder escape and stuff like dat, If u know what level that is, pls let me know.
My favorite trick is Mack 5, 'cause it’s the first combo-cool looking tricks I learned, and I completely master it, so if I wanna show a trick to someone, I usually do a combo with this trick included.
So yeah, I am really looking forward to mastering THIS AMAZING YOYO SKILL, and I’m hoping I can qualify to enter competitions in the future
But who knows…

thank you for reading.

Hello,

My name is Leroy. I can’t tell you how long I’ve been yo-yoing but, I can tell you it all started when I wasn’t behaving in school and my father grounded me for 9 months till practically the end of the school year! However, during that time I was given a rubix cube and a yo-yo. I had much more success with the yo-yo ha! Since then I’ve been yo-yoing on and off. I recently got back into though after getting tired of video games. I can take my yo-yo where ever when ever.

1 Like

Hi All

My names Dave and I’m from the UK. found this forum while researching whats the best Yoyo for a beginner getting back into throwing. I had a Duncan Proyo as a kid and loved it. got quite good with it but then lost interest when i discovered cars :slight_smile:

Now i want to get back into Yoyo’s and I’ve ordered a Yoyo Factory Hubstack, a Yoyo Factory DV888, some spare strings, some thin lube, thick lube and a none responsive bearing for the DV888 so that should keep me busy for a while. Anything you would recommend for a beginner, I’m currently practising how to bind again. Eventually id like a horizon, an edge and maybe a string off Yoyo but I’ve got a while to go yet.

Welcome!

1 Like

Hey, my name is caden and I live in Utah. I have only been to young for six months but I’m getting decently good and am trying to get better I currently have the skyva yoyo and I’m trying to save up for the horizon yoyo

My name is Dan live in ft lauderdale fl. Haven’t been throwing recently but slowly getting back into it!

Thank you,

Ive gotten into the pursuit after 25 years. I started with a Imperial and graduated to Butterfly. Got on with life and now that my son is 10 he has shown interest in learning. Boy how the game has changed. Just looking to learn more that I can trickle down to him . Its been a great bonding experience. Hes able to up and down his YYF Replay responsive now we’re going to swap out the bearing and get unresponsive.
Thanks again, glad to be back

1 Like

Welcome. Since you too are learning both you and your son can learn together. Have fun.

[quote=“Caden3211,post:5685,topic:51”]
Hey, my name is caden and I live in Utah. I have only been to young for six months but I’m getting decently good and am trying to get better I currently have the skyva yoyo and I’m trying to save up for the horizon yoyo

[/quote
Hey Caden…welcome…your out there near that crazy Mike Montgomery! Have you spoken to him thru his blog or web page? Beware my friend…he is nutz about yoyo’s!!!

Soooo…I was a member for a long time some years back. I believe my name was either authentic1x or itsauthentic but I can’t find anything pertaining to those names so I decided to start a new username. I hadn’t thrown in almost a year and for some odd reason I pulled out my case and picked up my dv888…it was such a refreshing feeling. I immediately fell back in love and my passion for throwing has returned. My 4 year old wants a yoyo now and I’m more than proud of that lol anyway, my names JP. I’m 28 and from mass with a fiance and 2 kids. I work in construction and that’s about it lol WHAT UP!!!

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the board. Just got a Yoyo Factory Replay Pro for Christmas – I’ve been using a Dark Magic II. I’ve been yo-yoing for about 1 year, but I’ve learned a lot in the past few months.

;D

Doubleoryo11

Yo,

I got bitten by the yoyo bug about two months ago. Prior to that I have never even thought of yoyoing since I was 10 and had a 3 dollar Duncan butterfly. I bought a responsive dv888 and learned how to handle picture tricks and beginner string tricks. Bought a shutter a month ago and I am loving learning 1a string unresponsive tricks now. I am so stoked to progress and get such a kick out of learning new tricks. I enjoy the peace of mind yoyoing brings me and the hand eye coordination. I used to be an avid skateboarder but can’t find the time anymore. I can pick up the yoyo and spin for ten minutes or two hours. Plus I don’t get as injured ! What yoyo should I buy next ??? I think I’ve found my new passion. And my wife thinks it’s so cool too !!

Hey!

My intro to ‘modern’ yoyos came from Dylan Kowalski on Youtube. I found his video about recovering from ACL surgery since I am recovering from the same thing… Looked around on his channel and saw all the other vids… and thought it was cool haha. Its also something I can do while recovering.

So far I have tried

• Magic K1 (failed due to slight manufacturing defect causing it to eat string into the bearing)
  • YYF Hubstack … I liked that one but gave it to my cousin
  • Magic K7. Fun one so far but it snaps back into my hand too hard lol.

Hi,
I am a new yoyoer at a pretty young age.
right now I am using a YoTricks ONE yoyo but am looking for a metal upgrade. I have not used unresponsive play but would like to try.

Had the same problem with my old K7… :confounded:

Yoyo yo! I go by zxin, I casually collect & play with retro games, OD yoyos. I’m a general hobbyist, I’ve always loved computers, and I like yoyoing. Thus, we are here!
#oldschoolBBCode

Hey,

Jake here.

New yo-yoer… Just got my first yo-yo for christmas, and just started learning the basics. Didn’t realize there was such a huge following for this hobby, and decided to give it a try for myself.

Came for the bst seen here. Like yoyos why else would I be here. If you like yoyos youll eventually find out about yye. Hoping to find some good deals on some cool throws. ;D

1 Like

Greetings everyone I’m from Rockford Illinois and was playing online and decided to check the museum page out, as I heard it was going again! I’m more a collector than a player these days, but still dust them off every now and then. I’m very interested in how other collectors display their collections. Feel free to send me pics/info as I want to move from curios to wall mounted displays.