Big Bang Bandalores: Official Announcement

Hello all!

My name is Paul Zografos, and I have been involved in the yoyo community on and off for 20 years. I have always continued to throw, but college, life, moving, careers, family, etc. tend to get in the way and I dropped off from the internet community after YYN closed up.

I have recently been able to, after settling down a bit in my life, get back into the online community… and boy did I miss you all!

I have always wished that I could run my own yoyo company, but it never seemed to be something that was feasible until recently. I worked my butt off the last few years to get to the point where, even if all I do is make cool yoyos for you all and never profit a dime, I will be immensely happy. I am doing this for all of us. I want to push boundaries and make a splash rather than a quick buck…

With all that in mind… here is my official announcement:

It is with great pride that I am announcing the official launch of Big Bang Bandalores!

“Bandalores” Is a play on “return tops” in that, it is a somewhat silly name used for “yoyos”.

We don’t take it too seriously, and will generally refer to the company as “Big Bang”.

About us:

Here at Big Bang, our goal is to develop products that are unique, rewarding, and enjoyable rather than purely optimized trick assist devices.

We will push the boundaries and do what others aren’t willing to try.  The majority of yoyo players will spend most of their yoyoing lives “casually screwing around” and just enjoying throwing a yoyo. We do this for fun, a rewarding escape, or to relieve stress.

This is where we live.

We want to make the yoyo that you reach for when you’re just throwing with some friends, that you hand to someone and say “hey, try this one out.”

We design our YoYo’s to provide unique, enjoyable, and rewarding experiences that will put a smile on your face every time you pick one up. When you’re showing your collection to somebody, we want them to reach for your Big Bang and say:

“Whoa. This is different.”

Big Bang Bandalores was founded by Paul Zografos, a life long yoyo player with 20 years experience playing, modding, dreaming up, and now creating yoyos.

"Big Bang Bandalores is an avenue for me to give back to a community that has given me so much over the last 20 years. We promise that from your first unboxing to becoming your go to throw, we strive for our products to be a unique and rewarding experience.
Keep Looking Up.”
~Paul Zografos

Currently, we just released our String Theory Nylon String, something I have been working on perfecting for over a decade and I have had many people who try it beg me to start selling it.

Pics of the string in Hi.Viz :

Please check us out on Instagram and FB:

Notes For the Forum:

I did not want to just design one yoyo, release it, then hope I can keep up with things. I have a few years of ideas scribbled in notebooks, and since learning CAD software, I have begun turning them all into 3d realities.

I have a few of these designs ready to go, as well as the ability to make it happen. So, if we get as good of a reception from all of you as we have so far with our prototyping, expect some really different stuff to be coming out of here.

And yes, I am working on getting all of our products to you all through YYE. Don’t worry :wink:

I will be posting updates as we progress in the process of releasing our first yoyo.

PLEASE ask questions here or on any social media sites of ours, I will respond ASAP!

The final prototypes are being anodized currently and the packaging is going to be pretty sweet and something you will hang on to/continue to use rather than discard after opening (no cardboard boxes here!)

Here’s a little tease for you all of our first release… more details will be released soon…

3 Likes

Omg this is awesome. I would definitely be interested in this whole thing! Looking forward to learning more soon. :poop:

1 Like

Thanks Toby!

I was really hesitant to post this before our official logo is finalized/the final Protos arrive, but with the site launched last night (I already have a few string orders!), I figured I’d get the hype train chugging :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting cup design, looking forward to seeing the full yo-yo.

I’ve seen it Garrett, I think you’ll like it! It’s pretty unique is all I can say.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Can’t wait! Seems like these will be right up my alley!

I got my String Theory today & have over an hour of break-in time with it. It’s unlike any other string I’ve tried. There is a learning curve with String Theory, but I’m digging them a lot.
At first it seemed kinda coarse & stiff, somewhat like the old school fishing line I used to use back in the Jurassic Era! (Or dental floss!) But Paul is right, it changes over the break-in time with use. it’s not as stiff, and feels a little softer after break-in. Slacks & whips are definitely easier once I had some time with it to adjust to it’s characteristics.
If you’re a taller player or just like using longer string, you’re gonna love String Theory, since it comes extra long! I’m 6 feet tall, and I cut a whopping 18" off my String Theory to get the length of my normal sweet spot. I usually cut about 3"-6" off, depending on brand of string.
I’d say give String Theory a try, I’m sure glad I did. I like them so much I placed another order!

Hmmm, sounds like a good replacement whenever I’m out of Dragon String :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our first yoyo has been revealed!

I present to you, the Endeavor:

Material: 7075 Al
Diameter: 50mm
Width: 38.25mm
Weight: 67 Grams
Gap: 4.6mm
Response: Extra Wide Flowable Silicon Groove
Axle: Stainless Steel
Bearing: Fully Ceramic

Check out our social media accts for more info:

1 Like

Are you purposely putting science based names into stuff (i.e. Big Bang and String Theory) or are you just doing it because the words fit nicely? The tattoo of an organic molecule you have makes me believe it is on purpose but I don’t want to assume too much :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes its very on purpose :smiley:

That makes it even better! :blush:

Where do you have your yoyos manufactured at country wise? USA? China?

To those wondering, the actual run of Endeavors were manufactured in China. Some of the protos were made in the U.S.A.