A-rt

Here is there youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDtZbo4nZsm8BzUCD0YIlRg

No offense to any of those companies, they’re all great and one of them IMO is one of the greatest yoyo companies to have ever existed, but all of them you can pretty much pickup on a BST shortly after they go on sale, they get flipped.  Haven’t seen that too much with a-rt.  That’s what I was getting at, so far the people that are buying their yoyos LOVE them, and hang on to them.  OYY is up there with them IMO also, quick to sell out and you rarely see them for sale, or you can’t pry them away from their owners.  Very few companies have that.

We were talking about smoothness over on reddit regarding responsive yoyos.  Take a look at the 5:31 mark of this video, Chuck hitting Enigma on a fixed axle  :o

I like their yoyos.

Thanks! I had only looked at their website and missed their you tube channel.

I agree with a lot of what you and they and others said about responsiveness, I just don’t think it’s required to start out.
I throw fixed all the time and really like the change up.
Don’t think I could hit enigma on one though :stuck_out_tongue:
That’s just crazy!

A-RT is great. Jensen has always responded to my messages very quickly and politely. I’d say his customer service skill is fine. Great yoyos. Great choice of manufacturer. Quality is quality.

1 Like

I’ve been trying enigma on a fixed ever since seeing that video. Maybe one day.

Are you sure that was a fixed axle he was using there? Sure, it was responsive, but Im not so sure it was a fixed axle model.

Yeah it was fixed.

So I just checked out A-RT’s Youtube channel.

They are the first yoyo videos I’ve seen that include bad language.

I don’t want that sort of thing creeping its way into yoyo culture, so I won’t be supporting them.

1 Like

That’s one reason I’ve never been a fan of theirs. The life style they espouse is a put off for me.

While I dislike it when yoyoers have videos with overly obscene lyrics because the two don’t seem to fit together, I enjoy profanity as a whole. Profanity makes yoyoing seem a little more of an all ages hobby, rather than a children’s toy. Not saying I support all ages using profanity, but rather that it would be more marketable to my generation if there were occasional swearwords used and no one makes a big deal about it.

I’m not trying to antagonize, I just thought I’d just share my differing opinion.

Both ART and a/rt seem like great companies but for each one my wallet’s a little too tight and their drops are a little to limited to get any off the BST for a good price.

I think you needed to think more carefully before you posted. You suggested that profanity makes yoyoing ‘more of an all ages hobby’ followed by ‘not saying I support all ages using profanity’. These two statements don’t fit well together.

So it’s OK to use profanity to present yoyoing as an all-ages hobby, but not for all ages to use profanity?

Also, wouldn’t NOT using profanity make yoyoing more of an all ages hobby? Does not the use of profanity somewhat limit how appropriate it is for younger ages?

Also, you seem to be suggesting that the use of profanity also makes something more appropriate for mature audiences above not using it at all.

There are some logical and ethical problems here.

1 Like

I think he meant that yoyoing content which was more mature would help people not just see it as a kids toy. I could be wrong though.

I tend to agree with that statement in a general sense, but I don’t think that swearing (or substance use as seen in one if their earlier videos) is any mark of maturity.

Speaking of substance use, I see lots of people drinking and showing off their throws. This blatant double standard has always bugged the crap outta me. People hate on the weed yet love the stupid juice (alcohol) and sees it as not only fine, but nearly encouraged. Check the throwers sub reddit on friday to see what I mean.

It is not cool to be all “Those drugs are bad!!” while at the same time flaunting their own drug of choice as normal and par for the course, which is infinity more destructive in nearly every regard.

Perfect example is how the stupid throws and beers posts get upvoted like crazy, but if some poor shmoe posts a picture a beautiful flowers or a water pipe, stand by for a sh*tstorm of down votes and hate.

NOT cool community. Not cool.

/glares at the absurdity of it all

2 Likes

Yeah, not crazy about this part as well, but as far as I’ve seen it’s only been in 1 video. But it’s getting to be a part of the “culture.” Looking at Recess videos, and going through YoYoNews, how many videos are listed as NSFW. The whole flipping people off in photos is annoying to me too, seems to be fairly common.

For me, I don’t care for the majority of music used in videos so the majority of time I listen to them muted anyway.

Your logic is infallible, but the fact that one is mostly illegal IS a big deal, to me at least.
A good example would be the difference between street racing and racing on a strip.
Even if the street is deserted it’s just not legal. (Yes, now I realize I’m going to get a “with weed I’m only hurting myself” argument, but I don’t know if I really believe that, and I’ve already typed out the analogy soo… :smiley: )

To be fair, though I find the throws and brews posts just as annoying most of the time.

1 Like

@Morgototh You were correct, that is what I was getting at.

@Glenacius K I probably shouldn’t have used the phrase “all ages” because that is typically reserved for events that specifically excludes swear words. I meant as more relatable to other life styles and different ages. I definitely could have phrased my point of view more clearly.

But I’m not someone who thinks swearing is unethical. That is the point that I was trying to make here. You and jhb8426 both wrote about how you dislike a company for swearing and I just wanted to state that I approve of it because it makes for a more engaging and relatable video if done correcly and not overdone.

It was probably an unnecessary point to make and it seems like you do not support swearing so it is understandable that you don’t support a company that uses swear words.

Also, similar to AaronW’s comment, I usually mute 90% of yoyoing videos so it’s not a big deal to me either way.

Maybe we can all agree on one thing… Children should not be exposed to Dubstep :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I don’t dislike the company for swearing. Probably should have been clearer. I don’t care for the lifestyle they espouse in general.

1 Like

I like the music they use tbh

Think of it this way; you go on Expedition deep into a jungle. For two weeks you cut your way through the jungle. Besides surviving the trip the only thing I can think of is a hot fudge sundae. You just can’t wait to get back to civilization so you can eat hot fudge sundae. It’s all you think about. You don’t think about yo-yos ,you don’t think about your friends. You just think about sinking your teeth into a hot fudge sundae. It’s all that matters; survive for that hot fudge sundae. In your imagination you know it’s going to be the best thing you’ve ever had.

After 336 hours in the jungle you make it back into town. The first thing you do is you go to Norms because they never close.

The waitress walked up to the table and ask you if you want an appetizer and you say no. She ask you what you want for your main course you say nothing. So she asked you what you want anyway? Then you ask her what does she think about the hot fudge sundae? And she immediately says well I don’t really care how good it is even though I work here because I dont really like chocolate.

… what’s the point? Very simple we’re not all on the same page and sometimes what our differences are; or what makes life interesting.

Profanity is a form of expression but it’s not necessarily everybody’s chocolate sundae.

Personally I don’t feel that profanity adds any depth to a point or an expression. I think more often than not profanity is just a standard example of limitation of vocabulary.

You will notice in life as people become more fluent, more affluent,more intellectual and more mature they rely less on colorful words.

That’s f**king ridiculous.

See what I did there?  It doesn’t work the same with “fudging.”

There are lots of places were profanity makes things better.  But much like the chocolate Sunday, too much topping looses the effect.  I have always been a little disgruntled with the idea that somehow profanity equates to lower intelligence.

According to the article I’m a ****** ***** ****** genius!

What was this thread about again?

4 Likes