Customer Service      FAQ      Email Sign Up      My Account      View Cart     
YoYoExpert Forums
March 27, 2017, 06:07:41 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Forums!  Try out our new and improved chat room!

Home   Chat Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginning of Spirit Bomb  (Read 246 times)
morgothaod
Trade Count: (0)

United States United States

Fav. Yo-Yo: Shutter
Fav. Trick: Eli Hops

Thank You
-Given: 43
-Receive: 4

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2017, 01:10:28 PM »

Just curious if the steps before I do the Kwijibo part of the trick look right  Smiley.  I'm working on getting the yo-yo to pop high enough in the string so I can cross my hands (I got to work on my accuracy as well).

Paul
Trade Count: (1)

Fav. Yo-Yo: The Next One!
Fav. Trick: Hit a half court shot off string once. Shattered the yoyo. Worth it.

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 8

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 02:18:19 PM »

Ill make a vid, give me a min.

Edit: here ya go!

The biggest issue im seeing is your target string is too small, and the loop is above your yoyo, try and make that target larger so you can pop the yoyo directly into it, vs. trying to swing it in. Hope the vid helps!

If im rusty I apologize, its been nearly a decade since I did that transition.

Sent from my iPad using YoYoExpert

Used to post as Paul Z on YYN and Daves Skilltoys forums Tongue
AaronW
Trade Count: (68)

Fav. Yo-Yo: the kind made of wood

Thank You
-Given: 443
-Receive: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 03:41:32 PM »

Ill make a vid, give me a min.

Edit: here ya go!

The biggest issue im seeing is your target string is too small, and the loop is above your yoyo, try and make that target larger so you can pop the yoyo directly into it, vs. trying to swing it in. Hope the vid helps!

If im rusty I apologize, its been nearly a decade since I did that transition.

I was highly distracted by the BSP in the video Grin

Great video!
Myk_Myk
Trade Count: (4)

Fav. Yo-Yo: 2SickYoYos-Rook

Thank You
-Given: 335
-Receive: 115

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:18:10 PM »

I love seeing you progress through the YYE tricks, and I've been happy to provide what help I can. Keep it up, and you'll be beyond my level of expertise!

Some general advice is to keep working on your throw. Try to make it straighter and harder. Also, learn to adjust the tilt on the string. Throw a trapeze, and experiment with moving your TH toward and away from you. Notice how the yoyo reacts. You can use this technique to straighten the yoyo on the string. This along with a stronger straighter throw, will give you much more time to go slowly through longer combos/tricks, and make longer pauses between the elements. It works for front style tricks as well.

No, that's not Skoal in my pocket.

Looking for a "Big Deal"
Paul

Fav. Trick: Hit a half court shot off string once. Shattered the yoyo. Worth it.

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 05:34:59 PM »

I was highly distracted by the BSP in the video Grin

Great video!

Shhhhhhhh >.> <.<

----

I would say definitely work on that throw as well as well, straighten it out. You can adjust a wonky throw pretty easily by pushing one hand out and the other in. Can take vid if needed for an example. Gopros make this so easy vs when I used to make tutorial vids (wish i had them still!!)

morgothaod

Thank You

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 05:47:05 PM »

Thanks Paul for taking the time to make a video for me.  I appreciate everyone's feedback  Smiley.  My goal is to yo-yo every day.  So it has been 3 months so far.  Not going to lie though, I have yo-yoed in the past.  However, I would do it once in awhile and Mach 5 was the hardest trick that I learned.  Now that I'm getting better, I find myself more eager to expand my skills.  I don't play for real long periods of time.  I just do a few short sessions throughout the day-  15 min here, 15 min before work (I keep a yo-yo in the car), 15 min on lunch, another 15 min or so at home.  
Paul

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 11:18:33 PM »

Thanks Paul for taking the time to make a video for me.  I appreciate everyone's feedback  Smiley.  My goal is to yo-yo every day.  So it has been 3 months so far.  Not going to lie though, I have yo-yoed in the past.  However, I would do it once in awhile and Mach 5 was the hardest trick that I learned.  Now that I'm getting better, I find myself more eager to expand my skills.  I don't play for real long periods of time.  I just do a few short sessions throughout the day-  15 min here, 15 min before work (I keep a yo-yo in the car), 15 min on lunch, another 15 min or so at home. 

Hey no problem! Keep at it!

ClaytonDM

Fav. Trick: Magic Trick

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 11:21:14 PM »

Like Paul said definitely keep the yoyo level. It's going to be really hard to land if the yoyo starts to lean to one side.

One thing that may help is that when you pop it up, try to make it pop straight up vertically. A lot of the videos say it needs to hit the top string, but don't hit it too hard because it will force it down faster than you can cross your hands.

That being said, I wish you luck. It took me 3 months to learn spirit bomb, and that was practicing it almost every day. I've heard that some people have a harder time with spirit bomb than others, just like boingy boing. I was definitely one of those people. Every time I pick up my yoyo, I do at least one spirit bomb just because I still don't land it every time. I love that trick though and it was worth the effort.
Paul

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »

Like Paul said definitely keep the yoyo level. It's going to be really hard to land if the yoyo starts to lean to one side.

One thing that may help is that when you pop it up, try to make it pop straight up vertically. A lot of the videos say it needs to hit the top string, but don't hit it too hard because it will force it down faster than you can cross your hands.

That being said, I wish you luck. It took me 3 months to learn spirit bomb, and that was practicing it almost every day. I've heard that some people have a harder time with spirit bomb than others, just like boingy boing. I was definitely one of those people. Every time I pick up my yoyo, I do at least one spirit bomb just because I still don't land it every time. I love that trick though and it was worth the effort.

seriously! I learned spirit bomb in a few hours, and boingy boing eluded me for nearly three years.

morgothaod

Thank You

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 11:15:24 AM »

Well... I'm still working on Spirit Bomb.  Even with the bigger triangle, I still have difficulty with the first pop.  So, I decided to skip the first pop like Andre mentioned in the second part of his video.  I'm also have difficulty with the second pop.  The issues I'm having are:

The yo-yo lands way to the left of the triangle
The triangle is angled like \ or | instead of _
The triangle is too small

I'll keep practicing though!
Paul

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 11:38:11 AM »

Keep at it a little more then take a vid of your progress and we can help!

Sent from my iPhone using YoYoExpert

morgothaod

Thank You

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 08:29:19 AM »

My attempts usually look like this

Paul

Thank You

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 08:37:09 AM »

On that second vid, you seemed to miss a step and didnt undercut before popping across. Keep working on that first!

morgothaod

Thank You

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 12:34:05 PM »

On that second vid, you seemed to miss a step and didnt undercut before popping across. Keep working on that first!

I have been skipping the first pop :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: