Designing yoyos?

It would be made by yoyo factory, basically a aluminium dream with the jackknife fingerspin cup. Same finish and it would have a red and blue g2 swirl on a black body

Something fairly wide, maybe 48 millimeters, 54 millimeter diameter, a cup like the shutter, but with a slight concave floor, a 4.5 millimeter gap, concave bearing, and an aggressive blasted finish like my czechpoint so it would never be sticky. 67 grams, weight distribution like a shutter.

Nice 8)

This reminds me I need to throw my czechpoint here again soon :stuck_out_tongue:

:a:️-rt already made my dream yoyo the grail​:grinning:

Edit: I would kinda like to see a 7075 version :grin:

-Machined by OD
-Shape inspired by the SPYY Addiction
-7075 body, heavy bead blast finish, nickel plated special edition, black, grey, raw, dark green, dark purple, and dark blue solid colors
-Brass outer rings, coarse brushed finish
-50mm diameter
-40mm width
-61-62g weight
-OD flow groove response
-Concave full ceramic bearing
-Titanium axle

And I’d call it the “Penchant”.

Titanium isn’t suppose to be used as axles

If I designed knew it would be a manatee with a fingerspins cup like the m.o.v.e

Wouldn’t you want the axel to be aluminum or something weaker than the body? That way instead of stripping the yoyo halves you would just strip an axel? Then again, how many yoyos does a person strip in their career of yoyoing…

Says who? It has been used before.

Steel axles are used in most throws, and titanium isn’t really stronger than steel, just has a higher strength to weight ratio. The Luftverk Evora Ti7075 uses a titanium axle, and I believe some Yoyorecreation throws have as well. If you don’t strip out your yoyos with steel axles, you’ll be fine with titanium. Only reason I’d want it is because it is my “dream design”, so it’s “Ultra Premium”, and would save a very minuscule amount of center weight.

1 Like

Shush up person who’s smarter then me.

Did not know :stuck_out_tongue: thanks!

I wan’t the D10 remade by C3 and a Bi-tanium. But have a inner ring for thumb grinding.

Why not go magnesium then, with tungsten bimetal rims? Hehe

Because I would like reasonable materials to work with. Magnesium isn’t any tougher than aluminum iirc, and tungsten would be way too brittle for how thin most bimetal rings are.

I would do 6061 with stainless steel rims or titanium rings with a bobcat outer cup and skyva inner cup, as for the profile it would be a v-step like the slepnir with the big dip of the bobcat and I would do it with Jeffery pang and YYR or CLYW

It would also be pretty wide

I would design it with wither YYF or OD. It would be called the shredder. It would be made out of delrin with a V shape

Great article on the nuts and bolts (and costs!) of designing a yoyo

http://www.mryoyothrower.com/blog/so-you-want-to-make-a-yoyo

It kinda blows my mind that anyone with basic CAD software skills and $500 can build a custom yoyo

http://www.mythrow.co/

I’ve thought about it, but there are so many great yo-yos out there already from people who know a lot more about it than me, with years (if not decades) of experience throwing!

1 Like

Now this is interesting…chinese machining certainly improves alot because of foreign yoyo brand manufacturing their products there…well for me…maybe a modern take of yyj speedmaker, could be 7075 or delrin, wider gap, silicone response system, and a little bit heavier for more power and stability…maybe i’ll actually make one at a local machine shop

1 Like