What makes a yo-yo "built for competition"?

Actually; more likely that you were slightly confused by my using the two descriptions in the same explanation.

Possibly if you knew more about recent(last 20 years or less) you would know I would/could be the/a person to be least confused by the similarities or differences between the two words: Competition and signature.

I fully understand that the are far more Competition yoyos than Signature yoyos. But that being realized; there ‘are’ a good number of Competition yoyos that ‘are’ Signature yoyos.

My ‘lack of confusion’ is simple to explain.

During the years I spent with Yoyojam; I had several ‘Signature’ yoyos: Mini-Motrix, Mini-Motu, Micro-Mo.
Basically experiments in helping develop a view that higher performance could be realized in various sizes and shapes of yoyos.

…Yet, I have not only never competed in a Yoyo Contest; I have never even been in any kinda talent show or throwdown or anything of any nature yoyo skills related, lolol.

Yet I have several signature yoyos.:nerd_face: Go figure…

Sorry about your misunderstanding, Myk Myk

PS… towards the bottom of the details to the right; notice the date used to timeline the yoyo. (2003)

The Mini-Motrix was considered to tear up tricks pretty handily at the time, hahaha.

And at least a few Japanese players competed on stage with the Mini-Motrix.

Even my next Signature yoyo; the Mini-Motu; was used by Takayuki Tanaka to win a Japanese Yoyo Contest I 2005. Here is a link to an old listing and a link to an Amazing example of a very good yoyo in the right hands>>

Yoyo(please read description) > YoYoJam Mini Motu!!! New in Box!!! Lime Green!!! | #39832380

Takayusa wins 2005 Japanese Nationals with little yoyo > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FLPEU2QeDBY

My Signature yoyo used by a Pro to Compete and Win… and I was on the other side of the planet Earth at the time🤓

Zero confusion here.

My long winded post must have just clouded your understanding, lol

1 Like