Connecticut Throwers?

You are only 18? I always thought you were a lot older than that :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, only 18 haha, no idea why I always give off an older vibe.

Where you from yoyospirit?

Farmington area, you?

Yes, xyn and I are the elder statesmen of CT yoyo. I’m also in my 40s.

Maybe in the spring we can figure out a park for us to hold meetings, sort of like New York YoYo Club does…only in CT.

That would be awesome French and yoyospirit I’m from East Hartford. We could also meet up at buckland mall. If you guys are commited I could pay for the “meetup” app and create events.

Hmmmm, old beyond yer years…

Or you could set up meet ups on here :wink: free and keeps more traffic on the forums :wink:

Yea but this is specifically for ppl who already yoyo. If I put it on the meetup app everyone in the state with the app can see it.

I can do both :smiley:

Oh okay, that makes sense! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My son and I would go. Maybe, if we ask nicely enough, some people from the Northampton community would be willing to come to a meet up to share their skills.

The only concern I have about meeting at Buckland Hills is I heard there used to be a CT club that met at Westfarms and was asked to stop, and the New York Yoyo Club was asked to stop meeting in the public space across from Grand Central. That said, I really don’t have any ideas for alternate indoor spaces. I keep getting caught up with the “what is in it for the owners of the space to host us?” Please keep me in the loop. I’m happy to help when I can.

Thank you, and yes I’m sure if we asked the N, Hampton community they would come down for like a once or twice a month thing.

Also yea, maybe we could set something up with a store in the mall? I’m willing to do a lot of the work and message people.

My whole senior year project is based on yoyoing too so, this helps my grade! Haha :smiley:

I’ve kinda noticed malls don’t like yoyoers lol

Currently in connecticut for college, id totally be down for a meet up some time!

Wouldn’t be UCONN by chance would it? Haha

i live like 5 minutes away from mass (southern nh) and would be willing to drive multiple hours every once and a while for fun because there are no throwers around where i live!

Hey do you ever go to A2Z? I’m going today.

yeah, i met eric koloski one time and he taught me a bunch of tricks and played with my strings that i made and critiqued them. :—) also met a handful of other cool people as well! let me know next time you go, i will head there as well!

I was there today! haha.

Nah, over at Yale, so its like… 90 minutes from you? Not too far, but still not close :confused: