QUIETEST BEARING EVER???

I have to say yyr DS are my favorite

The bearing in my MYY V3 is dead silent.

Pixel for me as well. Become an auto include when I order new throws now

Like g2 bearings

1 Like

If Pixels have been hit and miss for you, you are likely not trating them properly. Give them a good long break in.

The magicyoyo bearing that they use in the m002 is actually pretty quiet, my loudest is probably the YYF flight bearing (when shell loose) or YYT oracle

1 Like

Nothing beats the OD 10 ball when it gets as quiet as it can get. It’s hard to maintain that silence though.

Yeah what’s up with that!!! One second my bearing is so quiet that I can hear my own heartbeat and then it becomes a shrieking banshee… and then quiets down again… its a fickle thing. Still love it though…smoothest ever

1 Like

OD very quiet (but not a center trac). Pixel is also pretty quiet ( and is center trac). Both perform great.

Thank you for this. I needed a laugh.

1 Like

OD ten balls and pixels. Heard the bearing that comes with that new Magic Yoyo Katana is pretty epic.

Brand new, OD 10 balls and YYR/NSK platinum DS bearings are the quietest that I’ve tried. But even the quietest bearings break in and get dirty, so after a while, pretty much any of the well known premium bearings are about equal in terms of quietness, so long as you maintain them well. After break-in, I’d say OD 10 ball, NSK (any of them), Dif KK, Twisted Trifecta, Pixel, and the newer CT’s are all about the same.

But, in order to keep a bearing silent, you basically have to regularly clean it and keep it over-lubed, so I think it’s just best to embrace some noise, and just pick the bearing profile that you like best.

Personally, my recent favorites have been KK’s and the Pixel that I have. I really like the polished single curve profile that KK’s have, and although the Pixel wasn’t super quiet when I bought it, it has broken into an awesome bearing that’s super smooth.

1 Like

OD 10 Ball.

I personally just over lubricate my bearings now. They still are unresponsive enough to do all the tricks i do yet responsive enough to allow for some easy binds. They also stay very quiet.

2 Likes

Same here man! Best option IMO.

NSK Japan-made. Gold/Platinum - the BEST.

Below are my most silent bearing up to date

1. YYF 8-Ball CT Bearing (the one that goes with YYF Replay Pro). Cleaned and lubed and it became so silent and smooth that made me surprised as well.
  2. One Drop 10 Ball Bearing - not a fan of flat bearing so I have to switched it with…
  3. Pixel Bearing - not yet cleaned, not yet lubed. I can still hear a sound from it, but not technically noise, seems like a whisper.

The Buddah bearing line also has some super quite great preforming bearings. Iv got a gold one and its pretty silent too.

The quietest bearing I have is the one that came stock in my General Yo Legato, A centering “K” bearing. It’s not perfectly silent, but damn close, and it spins for days.
I also really like the YYR DS bearing, and CLYW Pixel bearing. These two aren’t silent, but are very quiet, and they have off the charts performance.
I also have many OD 10-ball, and they are a real quality bearing, but I always replace with an YYR DS. This has more to do with me and my throwing skills than the the 10-ball. Centering bearings just work better for me & my skill set at this time.

1 Like

Well said and i second this. Iv got a small bag full of new OD 10 balls. They spin so good and are very quiet. But centering bearings work better with for me at this moment. Would like to try a DS