CLYW Peak 2 Review- Will it live up to its predecessor's legacy

The reasoning is this. As I said in my original statement that after removal of the stuck axle I noticed that the threads on the hex end of the axle were damaged. That’s why it was stuck. These things are very revalant to quality! More than likely this is what happened. During the assembly process who ever took a random axle did not inspect it and screwed it in the yoyo non hex side down. The same way I always do. Because the damage was on the hex side the axle screwed in with no problem. Next the bearing was installed, the the two halves were screwed together. Because of the rough hex end and tight bearing seat the false impression of the two halves being tight were given to the assembler. These are all things someone with a brand new yoyo that had never been thrown does not want to see. It was a simple mistake, but could have been avoided by inspecting the axle. So yes it is a quality issue. Not in the yoyo, but an assembly issue. Quality of a finished product involves all aspects, not just machining and anodizing.

1 Like