CLYW Peak 2 Review- Will it live up to its predecessor's legacy

After one full day of playing with the new peak I like it. The 64 to 65 gram weight is the range I have always preferred. The removal of the thumb grind area is not an issue for me because one, thumb grinds have not been popular for awhile, and two the new peak still can thumb grind very well. It just needs to be thrown at a slight angle. Here are my complaints. And please keep in mind that these are subjective and won’t apply to everyone. My peak 2 came right out of the box not screwed together well. It was to the point that if it was not for the tight bearing seats and if I would have thrown it, it would have flown apart. But I caught it and that did not happen. Next the axle was stuck with the hex side down. Agian no big deal, two nuts screwed on the axle and it turned out. So here was the big issue. It was tight. After inspecting the axle I noticed some rough places on the axle threads. Luckily with a little Christmas magic I did not ruin the yoyo threads removing the axle. So all of this was before I even had a chance to put a string on and play with it. Anyway all and all the peak 2 is fun and very nostalgic.

1 Like