Census of SPYY TYY-01

Do You have this fantastic yoyo? What’s Your number???

1. ianaalix
  2. persson
  3. Alex
  4. shakazulu94
  5. AaronW
  6. keyofnight
  7. addiction77

I’ve got #64

I have #82.

I’ve got #19 and it’s been my current favorite throw for a while

#045 checkin in

Incredible response in just the last 5 years!

Top shelf example of community participation…

3 Likes

I have been away for about a year and a half … in the sense that I had my gap year, in this period I have never opened my yoyos suitcase, for a few days I have felt the need to start over … a real need, and I’m happy with this.
All this to say that I cannot know about the participation of users in this period, but it is actually sad to see, how there has been this great lack of interest, for this wonderful object, which I believe many inside here possess … and also why André, ne sold many for a noble reason linked to the health of those who thought and created this beautiful object.

You may find this slightly interesting, then>

I go back to when SPYY originated around 2003 with the Saturn Project.

Being a fairly well known yo-yo modder at the time, I enjoyed watching everybody that was in the modding and making game.

I would always enjoy batting around yo-yo related thoughts with Steve Buffel, when he would venture down to Nationals. Just… the nicest guy and one heck of a Machinist.

Years ago, word got out that Steve was battling a serious life threatening illness. He was not able to handle the normal load of responsibilities and medical bills suck up money better than tornados.

Andre jumped in to help get some money to help Steve and his family keep things together. Steve is a tough nut and decided dying was not an option…

Once the yo-yo community(and non yo-yo friends) found out what was going on, they jumped in to help out. A number of people gave money/and/or sold yo-yos and donated…… or donated yo-yos for an Auction.

At the time, I had 2 of the TYY-01’s. I never paid attention to the numbers(no big deal to me). But they were in most excellent shape.

I stared at the yo-yos. Obviously they were amazing or I sure would not have 2, lol.

It was hard for me to look at his Masterpieces without thinking of the Genius himself. I was getting ready to send Andre some money for the Fundraiser and I had this idea. Since his Ti yo-yo was well sought, why not just donate 1 to the Auction? No doubt somebody would pay well for it, right?

Then…… I had a better idea. Why not just donate both of them to help out a long time friend in need? << Much better idea. Give the guy his own yo-yos back to help him out.

No second thoughts: Great yo-yos, Great guy, great cause.

I would have gladly put my numbers up in your registry. But since they are not mine and I didn’t even remember the numbers, that could not happen.

Friends trump material objects every second of life…

True story… Andre can verify since I sent him the yo-yos.

2 Likes

Thanks for your beautiful and important testimony.
There is certainly no need for André to confirm it, I think no one will ever question what you reported.
Rightly, it is the owners, the current ones, who, if they want, have to communicate the specimen in their possession.
I have not heard anything more about Steve’s health situation, I hope everything goes well and I send him a big hello, even though I have never had the good fortune to know him.

Sorry for the necro, but I’ve got #33 if this list is still being tracked.

3 Likes

I’ve got number 160

3 Likes