Cyber Monday Standouts

Rec rev 3rd gen would be the one I would look at personally. Love the first generation since the day I received it (3 years? 4?) and is still in my everyday throw rotation.

I’d like to get a doublejoker LF on Friday if they’re still around. I love my 2 other doublejokers

One Drop Benchmarks - Not much more to say. The 2013 and 2014 models play as well as they did back then. One Drop quality.

Whimsy Roar - This yoyo is a really nice budget option. It wasn’t released all that long ago either, just kind of got lost in the budget metal shuffle.

RecRev Octave - I’ve wanted one for a while but never picked one up because the mayhem surrounding the company soured me on their products. At $39.99 it’s hard to ignore.

Crucial Delicious, various SPYY and String Theory models - If you’ve never tried a yoyo from one of these three companies, this is a good price to do it at. They made some quality yoyos.

3YO3 Bassline 2 - A great old school design organic with the addition of side effects. I like this yoyo a whole lot, very satisfying to hit tricks on. Comes in a treasure chest.

Square Wheels Rex and Nomad - The Rex is a premium D bearing yoyo that looks and plays great. I’ve yet to try a Nomad, but GregP has said good things, and I find it hard to not recommend an organic.

2SickYoYos Bishop - 2Sick makes wonderful yoyos. This is a good price for a new condition model.

Anyone try a String Theory Orion? It looks like a nice yoyo.

I don’t understand how there are any OD throws left. That’s a killer deal.

I’ve wanted to own an Orion for the longest time purely because of the graphics lol

Yoyofactory Basecamp Sherpa🤓

Excellent: play, looks, price, design, fit and finish.

And versatile.

And the hollow body gives off a cool sound.

Responsive or unresponsive doesn’t matter much. It does either as well as you care to push it.

Has a great feel on the hand. Thin enough to tuck in a pocket.

Another solid release from YYF.

1 Like

Well I guess it’d be asking too much for the Sherpa to be on sale! I probably should have gotten one on Black Friday. It’s on my short list. $55 seems very reasonable, especially considering the construction.

It’s worth it ( I second what yoyodoc wrote) I recently got the brown Sherpa. I like how it comes with two bearings and axle

-bbdave-

Now is the time. I love the Orion. It has been one of my favorites for a long time. Elegant design and graphics, a bunch of rim weight, larger diameter, extremely comfortable feel (love those rounded rims), mid-wall gap for smooth regenerations.

To begin with, the blasted finish was a little rough and a bit responsive, but it breaks in to a nice matte finish over time. The gap area was masked off from the blasting, so that is a plus. There is also a shiny version if you prefer.

I went ahead and bought a Benchmark O. I thought it was a great price especially with the free side effects.

O, I got one of those too :stuck_out_tongue: Second One Drop yoyo, first one with side effects.

I snagged an O, as well. That said, the T1 is a really nice yoyo and supports a great cause. I have one I enjoy.

I grabbed an ‘O’ also! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Haha, looks like a perfect storm…

I don’t always ding my expensive throws, but when I do, I just throw them again :wink:

I have been thinking about the Benchmark for a while now and when I saw the price on the 2014 “O” I took the plunge.

So many O’s! We should totally post pics when our orders come.

The Baseline 2 stood out the most to me but it was close! I snagged the last nickle one ;D

I was heavily considering the Oxygene Obsidian, Square wheels nomad, and of course one of the great deals on a OD benchmark.

One of the best Cyber Monday deals I’ve seen here!

I totally agree, ended up grabbing a bassline 2 in blue. Really wanted black but those were sold out by the time I spotted it. One of my favorite throws at the moment, really fun with brass markmont SE.

Awesome! Glad to hear you’re liking it. I probably wont be able to play with mine till January because I got it sent to my dorm in college and went home for the winter :stuck_out_tongue:

Really fun throw. Wish I would have held on to mine

The Bassline 2 at $64.99 is almost a no-brainer for anyone who likes organics or just a nice relaxed yoyo to have fun and throw. I run mine with Ultra Lights, which makes it a nice choice for a lower weight throw. The finish on it is one of the best I’ve encountered, great for grinds.