General Yo Legato: A High Speed YoYo Review

General Yo is releasing a brand new yo-yo and with it comes many firsts for the General Yo brand. The new throw, the Legato, is General Yo’s first bimetal. It sports a 7075 alloy body with stainless steel rings set in the cups of the yo-yo. It is the first to ship with Ernie’s new C-Size string centering K Bearing. Finally, it is the first General Yo to be designed in the USA but machined in China. With so many firsts it is going to be interesting to see how this release will change the fans’ opinion of the company.

Click Here to continue reading the review

1 Like

I absolutely love mine. Great finish and it just spins forever. Very light and agile, too. The quality General-Yo is known for has not changed at all. Great job, Ernie!

1 Like

I think it’s important to mention that General-Yo spent an immense amount of time perfecting this yoyo. If you’re into bi-metals, don’t miss this one, especially at this price. I personally think it’s better than the Draupnir.

1 Like

Careful, you run the risk of invoking the wrath of Yoyogeezer with comments like that. :wink:

It is a great product. I do not know how long Ernie spent on it but I would definitely call it the culmination of years of working with that profile design.

I will tell you the Legato is the finest yoyo I’ve ever thrown. I was lucky enough to pick up one of the “B Grades” because of a slightly shallow recess. I haven’t noticed anything B grade about it, at all. Just goes to show you how much Ernie prides himself in quality control.

This throw may have been manufactured in China, don’t let that fool you, you would never know. I’m sure he went through countless runs getting everything just right. The quality is out of this world. The blast is amazing, the smoothness is classic General-Yo smooth (if not smoother, if that’s even possible). I’ve thrown nearly every General-Yo. My previous favorite was the excellent Prestige, but this is even better!

The spin times are amazing, the weight distribution feels perfect, great for horizontals, love the sharp spikes, perfect for matador play.

I honestly cannot get enough of it. I can’t recommend it highly enough! If you have the cash, this should be the next yoyo on your “to buy” list. You will not regret it, I promise, I don’t say that often with a throw.

The anodizing is beautiful, and the colors reeeeeaally pop in person.

1 Like

I can’t say enough good things about the Legato, it’s the only high end throw I own 2 of and I will most likely buy a third. It’s insanely smooth and stable, it’s perfect in the hand it’s just amazing. If you are on the fence about it don’t be go buy one you will not regret it.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of my Legato. Out of all 6-7 modern bi-metals I own it really stands out in terms of stability and unique feel. The profile has a sharp look and I great to hold and throw. Haven’t picked up another Yoyo to bring out of the house in weeks!

1 Like

Not quite sure about the made in China aspect yet. I guess it’s sort of like the CLYW scenario. Might be the best yoyo I’ve ever thrown though.

1 Like

Three things I certainly like about the amazing Legato: Teal, Purple and Orange🤓

2 Likes

I jumped and snagged an orange Legato yesterday!
WooHoo!!!
Can’t wait to get it in my hands…

1 Like

If I have any cash left after I’m done adulting this month I’d love to snag one. Love the prestige

???

I love the legato I have. Its amazing and love throwing it!!

Just checking in on this. I’m still in love with this yoyo. I have no idea why there are still a bunch in stock, especially at the price the general set the MSRP. They should have sold out within minutes. If you are on the fence about the Legato, honestly just buy it. You will not be disappointed. They are absolutely amazing. It should be at the top of your list.

I’m gonna run through my thoughts of this yo-yo:

Very nice extremely speedy throw. Feels controllable. Comfortable in the hand. Good at horizontals. Fingerspins pretty well despite the spike. Spike can be used to “hubstack” for 10 seconds or so. Smooth grind friendly finish and incredible quality.

Definitely recommended by me.