Pool Party Yoyo

Someone just asked me what went through my mind while designing the first Pool Party yoyo. Here’s what I wrote:

There were a lot of things that went into the process of making this first yoyo. I just wanted to get outside of the box that I felt I was in. CLYW had a specific look, play and feel … but I wanted to try something else out. Just do something different that reflected myself. I guess consider Pool Party to be my signature model. lol.

But ya … for going into this design. I wanted something a little bit bigger in diameter. But had a lot of rim weight and stability to it. A profile shape that had some Japanese flavour to it, and was quite minimalist. Plus I wanted to get more experience with designing a yoyo that Anthony Rojas would like. His signature was coming up soon for CLYW and I didn’t think I was quite ready for it yet. It actually worked because to date it’s Anthony’s favourite yoyo that I’ve designed so far. lol

With the bigger diameter throws, I find that you need to add some extra weight to them in order for them to play well. But the cool thing about them is that they feel/play lighter because of the bigger diameter. So 67.5g actually doesn’t feel that heavy at all. It’s quite a quick yoyo for the size.

I also wanted a design that would be good for me to compete with and was easy to learn tricks with, I’d say I’m more of an intermediate yoyoer … but something definitely still focused on fun and something that other players like myself would enjoy.

I don’t know I think I achieved what I set out to do. Hoping that people really like it and that I can keep the momentum rolling.

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone and for the support! Means a lot! Can’t wait to get some up at YoYoExpert!

5 Likes