YoYofactory G5 issue.

See the video for what I discovered after receiving my brand new G5 from yoyoexpert.

Just letting everyone know. And I hope this is not the case with all of the G5 yoyos going out right now.

Looks like the last minute and half or so of my video didnā€™t upload properly. I will fix it when youtube is done processing for the second time.

The rubber orings in hub stacks can get kind of a dry rot after time. I bought an old model skyline from someone that had done the same thing. The orings are available at any hardware store. Iā€™m sure you can contact yye as well and they will send you a couple. Itā€™s a pretty easy fix.

Darn, you got to answer it before me :stuck_out_tongue:

Its just a bummer that it came that way. Being a brand new yoyo out of the box and all.

I wonder if the G5ā€™s are now coming from old stock that is being shipped out.

Can anyone confirm this?

I donā€™t think it would be a good retail business practice to throw away items that didnā€™t sell out right away. :slight_smile:

Werenā€™t the last run of g5ā€™s made in 2014? I could be 100% wrong. It wasnā€™t too long ago though

Does anyone know if the bonus set of regular hubstacks come with their own o-rings or bearings? If I was to get one, Iā€™d like to have the back up hardware.

They donā€™t come with extra orings or anything. You donā€™t need them, you can just slip the plastic stacks off without taking anything off the yoyo.

Fasted solution: 007 size oring. Probably get a handful for a quarter at a hardware store.

Slower (not by much): contact youoexpert or YoYoFactory directly.

Just letting everyone know.

FYI: Youā€™ll find them in the plumbing section.

1 Like

Well, in this case, he does need them. :wink: But, Iā€™ve never been able to slip the stacks off without pulling the bearing and o-ring off along with it. Do you use something to hold them on while you pull off the stacks?

Hubstacks: pliers padded with something like a paper towel or something. I use a rocking back and forth motion to get them off. Z stacks I just use my fingers with the same back and forth motion.

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™ll give that a try next time.

Let me get this straight, nowā€¦>>> You got a $104 yoyo for $30.

And even though you made a purchase that basically saved you $74; you felt compelled to enlighten others on just how close we all might be to Bankruptcy court.

So; you went to the trouble of making a Public Service Announcement in video form to warn the other Villagers of a potential financial nightmare in the form of 2 10 cent (.007) orings.

It is notable that a chosen few will step up to the plate and uncover the unintentional injustices in the Business World.

Bravoā€¦

1 Like

YoyoDoc -

Why are you being so rude?

Imagine all dumpster diving yoyoers! Really any yoyo with rubber parts should have a sell by date. ;D

Yeah, but who knows when the o-rings were made? Dry rot is really weird too. I have lots of old yoyos with o-rings including on Hubstacks, and theyā€™re still fine. However, Iā€™ve also seen rubber just go bad really quickly. Not sure what causes it. Maybe it got hot at one point, or maybe itā€™s a microorganism? I know there are bugs that eat oil spillsā€¦

Donā€™t misalign my intention because you didnā€™t like my response. Rude is not applicable here.

You score a Yoyo at less than 1/3 of the Retail price. Then you discover the orings are toast. Instead of reaching out to the Manufacturer or whoever you got it from; you were compelled to go to the time and trouble to literally make a video presentation about this Crushing blow to what you had thought was a Killer deal.

In the 18+ years I have been messing with yoyos; I have Never seen a less expensive part used in a yoyo design. Halves, caps, bearings, axles, response pads, even Cheap strings; cost more than replacing two .007 black orings.

Not only super inexpensive but easy to find. With the money you saved you could buy 1000 orings.

You emphasize that, ā€˜This shouldnā€™t happen to something New in the boxā€™.

Like it was a premeditated attempt to undermine the positivity of the human race.

Notice in your video you even display a sorta serious, how could this happen to someone demeanor.

Come onā€¦ you went Waaaay over the top for the most petty reason. You literally made a mountain out of a mole hill.

So your solution to your tragic happenstance was to make a Video Slap at Yoyofactory for two 10 cent parts :flushed:.

Perspective, reality and low grade humor were my intentions; in that specific order.

If you find my response ā€˜rudeā€™ you are simply failing to recognize you could have been much more effective in solving your totally minor problem.

Andā€¦ My response couldnā€™t be that ā€™ rudeā€™ or it would have rated another VideošŸ¤“

1 Like

Your right. I am misunderstanding this whole situation. But I think I have it now.

Yes I did make a video about it. It was actually easier than trying to describe what I had found and seemed simpler than trying to upload pictures. I figured that people would understand the video easier. But in this case I guess I was wrong. I should have just uploaded pictures to avoid any overreactions. Please note that my intention was not to come down on yoyofactory. I own plenty of yoyofactory yoyos and hope to own more in the future.

You make it sound as if someone should just deal with any defects a yoyo may have so long as they got a good deal on it. I disagree. If a yoyo is sold ā€œAs Newā€ (in the packaging) someone shouldnā€™t have to be instructed to go to a hardware store to fix it. (Regardless of how cheap the part may be.)

Nevertheless and notwithstanding that is exactly what I have done. I have not reached out to yoyoexpert or to yoyofactory. Instead I just fixed it myself with the advice that has come through this thread. Thank you for all of your input.

Sorry I missed this! Looks like you already solved the problem, but in the future donā€™t hesitate to contact us with any issues.

The G5 is an older model and some of the o-rings can get dried out and cracked. Send us an email and weā€™d be happy to ship you a pair of o-rings if you still need them.