Bearing Help!

So I have just gotten a new Pixel bearing last Friday and it was wonderful. I didn’t like that it didn’t have shields but I guessed that I could get over it. (I couldn’t.) But, for some reason, a couple of hours later, it stopped working as well and it sounds like it has a lot of stuff in it or something. I’ve cleaned it twice but it still doesn’t work properly. It spins for about 5 secs on a flick spin and it makes weird noises even on slow spins. Anything I did wrong? Did I knock the race out of place or something? Anyway I can fix it?

Contact Chris or Steve CLYW. They can probably help you out.

how are you cleaning it? what are you using to clean it with? Have you tried re-lubing after cleaning? if so what did did you use and how much?

I’m putting the bearing in a glass container or pure acetone and shaking it around for about a minute to get the particulates out. I have re-lubed to see if it will thin what I thought was in there but it didn’t and I put less than a drop of thin lube on a needle and put it in the bearing. The smallest amount of lube that I see. I do the same with my OD 10 ball and that’s okay.

everything sounds pretty good to me, and i agree, it does seem like something you should reach out to CLYW’s customer service email. Its possible you got a bad one, in which case they got your back.

It’s usually better to contact the retailer you purchased the bearing/yo-yo from instead of the manufacturer. If you got it from us, send us an email or give us a call and we can help you out.

It usually lasts a few throws for me but I think it got worse after trying to clean it with paper. Maybe it could be extra dry after cleaning.

Nevermind… I didn’t read all the comments. It’s probably just a small defect. They machine so many so precisely that there’s a high chance of one of them being screwed up.