Fenghuida Precision Manufacture Co. Elfinyo Review

https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8703/28463262481_7a6cb2a5b9.jpgUntitled by wcyoyospirit, on Flickr
Intro:
So not too long ago, Ada Yan and Jacky Huang started a campaign to sell these Elfinyos at $7 each, the catch? There needed to be 500 orders within 2 or so weeks. The first time, the amount wasn’t reached, and the project was buried. Then, people suddenly found the post, and started commenting on it again, and before we knew it, they decided to start the campaign back up. This time, there needed to be 500 orders in a fairly short amount of. The orders quickly filled up, and the Elfinyo was ready to begin machining. I saw each one was only $7, with most machined delrin yoyos costing as much as metals, and already having been impressed with the company’s work in the past, (Riverbay Bobcat), I figured I had nothing to lose, and ended up buying 6.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/9/8784/28541159375_13e7f34a7b.jpgUntitled by wcyoyospirit, on Flickr
Specs (Taken from the company page):
Material: 6061 Al + POM (Or delrin)
Diameter: 58mm
Width: 43.5mm
Gap: 4.6mm
Weight: 68.5 grams
Response: Silicone

https://c7.staticflickr.com/9/8580/27924101454_51c75a1946.jpgUntitled by wcyoyospirit, on Flickr
Construction:
The Elfinyo appears to be very well constructed. The bearing sits on a metal spacer and the post is a separate piece. This removes any possibility the piece will pop out like in the C3 Halo or YYJ solid spin system. The spacer is a bit odd in design, but works well. Inside of the conventional step the bearing sits on, the spacer is just cut at an angle, with the bearing sitting on the peak. The aluminum pieces are then anodized to prevent galling and oxidation. The delrin/POM material is cut very well, with no obvious machine lines. The shape fits in the hand very comfortably. There is little to no vibe in the yoyo, and overall I am once again impressed with the quality of their work. The yoyo also comes with a Center Trac bearing, so you are getting your money’s worth with just the bearing.

Performance:
While the quality of this yoyo already shows Fenghuida Precision Manufacture Co. ability to create a fine yoyo, I still want to talk about how this yoyo performs. While being at a fairly heavy weight, the Elfinyo manages to avoid being a brick, in part due to the larger diameter and in part due to the weight distribution. The Elfinyo is a much more relaxed type of throw. It can be pushed to perform at faster speeds, but the optimum speed seems to be fairly relaxed. I am able to throw may tricks into the Elfinyo and the yoyo still returns with a nice impact. The weight is not wasted in this yoyo, it is distributed very evenly to provide a very stable feeling and massive spin times. For a $7 yoyo, the Elfinyo can easily be compared with many pricier alternatives. I haven’t tried many delrin yoyos, but the Elfinyo can compete with many of the metals I have played with. For the ones that I have tried, the C3 Halo, Zeekio Zenith, Crucial Half and Half, and YYF Severe, the Elfinyo tops them all.

Conclusion:
Honestly, I have no idea why Jacky Huang and Ada Yan decided to sell these for such a cheap price. My guess is they wanted to get their name out as a manufacturing company for throwers wanting to get prototypes done. If this was their intent, then they fully succeeded in showing off their ability to machine and manufacture a yoyo. The 500 pieces were machined in a very short time period and sent out to buyers right after. Based in China, this duos company should not be overlooked by aspiring entrepreneurs in this community.

You said you played the Zenith. How does it play?? Sorry for being off topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Plays pretty well haha. If you’ve ever used a Code 1 it plays a lot like that. Fast, light, zippy on the string while still being very stable and having great sleep times.

1 Like