Yo-yoing at a major-league baseball game

Does anybody know if you can bring a yo-yo with you to a baseball game or will security get all butt hurt and take it??

Iā€™ve never gotten stopped before

PM Me if you have a B!ST Tondo F/T

I got asked to stop yoyoing at a Greatful Dead concert once, does that count? Guess they thought the stoned hippies would end up getting hit in the head.

Iā€™ve brought a yoyo to a couple MLB games with no issues though. Still. you never know these days. I think if I were going to bring one, Iā€™d stick to plastic. Looks less ā€œThis here thing could be a WEAPON!ā€ than metal.

Itā€™s TSA approved so your good

Ummm, TSA and stadium security are different animals. Private/volunteer security people tend to take themselves too seriously.

Very true but sense September 11 2001 the TSA has taking themselves way to seriously

1 Like

Alls Iā€™m sayin isā€¦ Before everyone gets but hurtā€¦ Is if you can make it through TSA you should be just fine if you canā€™t Iā€™d caution against itā€¦ Itā€™s a good rule book to abide by when asking should I bring this somewhere that has a bunch of security

A lot of major league sports venues donā€™t even allow you to bring in a bag of any kind.

I donā€™t know for sure, but I imagine if you stick to plastic and donā€™t try to hide it it seems like you might be ok

Why even bring a yoyo to a Baseball game?

I remember waaaay back when I was a kid; they use to sing this song, ā€˜Take me out to the Ballgameā€™. I donā€™t recall any of the lyrics mentioning yoyos? :nerd_face:

If you can consider Baseball as a form of ā€˜Entertainmentā€™; why is there a need to bring you own entertainment? 7th inning stretch? Going to a Cubs game?

Something I also find mildly amusing. People regularly talk about ā€˜pocket yoyosā€™.

If you have to take yoyo to a ball game; why not just put a yoyo in your pocket?

Doh!

1 Like

Very true, since the TSA wasnā€™t formed until November 19th, 2001

Im not a sportsball guy, quite the contrary. So if someone took ME to a MLB game, id find a corner to yoyo in too since i really doubt i could be interested in a game for more than a few seconds. Just my 2 cents.

Regardless of the ā€œentertainmentā€ discussion and as a former " Blue Coat" for Bill Graham Presentsā€¦ I can verify that volunteer and house security take themselves very seriously and if they are truly ā€œsearchingā€ for problemsā€¦ They will question it. But if you explain it as the compulsion it isā€¦ Theyā€™ll most likely let it ride. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You are right before the TSA it was private contractors and I never had a problem bringing yoyos on then either which furthers my pointā€¦ Any how sorry for the wrong choice of words but thanks for the history chimera

Then; one of two things should happen: either donā€™t go to the ball game or they shouldnā€™t even ask you to go.

Why would you even bother to go anywhere for something you have no interest in?

ā€¦hey; do you want to go to a baseball game with us? Sure; but I have zero interest in baseball. So I will just make a left turn at the hot dog stand and yoyo in the corner for 3 hoursšŸ˜³

Doubtfulā€¦

My 2 cents

2 Likes

YOYO in a corner for three hours well different people walk by and stop to watch meā€¦ Could think of anything better also gets yoyos out thereā€¦

My 2 cents!

For everyone thinking Iā€™m being vain by saying will stop and watch meā€¦ It happens every where I go every time Iā€™m out in public people stop to watchā€¦ Itā€™s amazing how many people will sit and watch something spinning on the end of a stingā€¦ Simplicity is amazing!

Security guards are not your problem. Being in crowds of people and swinging a spinning top around on a string do not mix well. These people have paid big money to watch baseball; not yo-yo. What are you doing playing yo-yo at a baseball game anyway? Showing off?

Imagine how you would feel if your child or grandmother were smacked, inadvertently, in the face by someone playing yo-yo at a baseball game? How would that person feel about ā€œchillā€ security guards, the stadium or the baseball team? How about their lawyer?

Do the sport a favor and yo-yo in appropriate places.

I personally like to go to places that I would say ā€œI have no interest in.ā€ It makes me try new things, meet new people, and even help me learn about myself. I guess thatā€™s an interest though, going to events Iā€™m not interested inā€¦

Iā€™ve never had an issue

Maybe it depends on how good you yoyoā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like