Wood anybody?

What I was referring ‘from around here’ in my previous post about low quality yoyos was my country.
And I mean they literally looked like this.
When I was a kid, we have wooden yoyo fad once in a few years at school, until modern yoyos strike and people don’t look back anymore. I bought these countless of times, they were like a few cents. The best thing you can do is gravity pull, doesn’t even sleep unless you wanna break the string in a few seconds. The inner side of the rim is really sharp that if you loop it, it’ll break the string too.
When people hear ‘wooden yoyos’, this is what they had in mind.
I did however tried making a better quality wooden fixie a few years back, and it always has a spot in my go to case. Most if not all yoyoer I met who tried it got surprised because it doesn’t play like what they did in the past. This is what I wanted to change.
Currently I wish I could make more wooden yoyos, but in order to make it to my liking I had no other choice than turning them myself, which I’m lacking the tooling at the moment. The custom one I made before was turned by more of a craft maker who turn it ‘manual’ manual, as there is no more precise method, let alone cnc wood turner anywhere.