A totally new type of anodizing: Gruntgraphics

Retail pricing hasn’t been established yet but it will probably be around $75.

1 Like

A new era has begun.

If this can be done cheap enough, laser engraving might even become useless.

edit: wait a minute, I just remember Magicyoyo did something similar few years ago with their Chinese painting line. No one bats an eye unfortunately.

1 Like

Those look pretty neat, I wonder what technology they used to coat them?

The coating itself is just regular anodizing. Since you can paint whatever you want onto an anodized base given a compatible type of ink/dye, what you need here is to find an appropriate printing/transfer mechanism to go with one of those ink types.

If you put paint on the anodizing it is not regular anodizing anymore. In regular anodizing the color is inside of the coating, as opposed to on top of it.

Wow this is amazing!

i think you are supposed to paint it first then passivize the whole layer instead of somehow injecting dyes through it

Ok, I must have missed something.

This opens up so much… Is this hand done or by a machine/program? Would love to have my yoyo get Calvin and Hobbes or something with great art like that.

Its done by machine, and that would be doable.

1 Like

Rec Rev used to do this a lot. Glad to see it come back.

1 Like

I believe that was hydro dip.

1 Like

YOOOO this is so sick!:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Do you have the capabilities to do some sort of bead, candy, galaxy, etc. blast as well? if so i have a sleipnir that could use some pretty love

Ah, I didn’t realize gruntbull @gballc was on the forums :wink:

I remember this post!

Super cool!

Great work dude I hope this comes to fruition for the general market.

Shoot. I forgot all about this thread! I’ll just leave this here… :wink: I can’t believe it’s been 9 years since this was done! Man time flies.

Floral 54

Floral 54

Floral 54 guts

Floral 54 spin

5 Likes