DIING...

Hahaha! :joy:

Play over padded carpet. Or, better yet - play on grass.

The yoyo will have “x” amount of vibe, depending on how bad the dislodgment is.

Oh no!

How does one check for vibes? (Fairly new YoYo player) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You will feel it in the string.

Thanks jhb!

I’ll try and becareful with my bimetals.

On some bimetals you can tap the rings back into pace with a rubber hammer. If you really don’t want to ding them there are several ways.

1. Don’t buy them
  2. Play over soft ground
  3. Use a shorter string then usual
  4. Get good

I dropped my nobunaga and the ring came dislodged, hammered it back into place on a granite counter and it’s basically as good as new.

I’ve hit my superstar 16 a lot and it’s fine, little vibe but it’s no big deal. Just get one of those, they aren’t crazy money either.

I have yet to ding any of my throws, it’s really not that hard. Be aware of all objects around you and make sure there’s enough room around you that your yoyo won’t hit anything.

So are you telling me I need to learn to fly so I won’t keep hitting my yoyo on the ground? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

there is a string attached to it, that tends to work fairly well to keep the yoyo off the ground for me. :wink:

I’m the weirdo that wishes he could ding his yoyos so that they’d be more special, but hasn’t dinged a yoyo in a very long time.

Wait… You are supposed to use string? Oops

Most of the dings I get are from mindless yoyoing (not paying attention) or attempting new tricks.

I knew a guy that used to cut his strings down to 26 inches. He still… Dinged his yoyos every 10 minutes!

Of course, he was only 3 feet tall; so that’s just what happens😳

…on a more serious note; I would suggest that a person NEVER buy something that he is afraid to use.

A Yoyo is a fun toy…

If you are afraid to use a toy; how can you have fun?

How can you be Adventurous?

How can you focus on learning tricks if you are focusing on the Fear of ‘dinging your yoyo’ into something?

How can you have fun if you live in fear of letting somebody try your yoyos because they might hit something; ‘Oops’!

All yoyos have something in common. They are keys to unlock the door to Enjoyment.

Do not even buy the key(yoyo) if you live in fear of unlocking the door.

1. Buy a yoyo

2. Use the yoyo.

3. Have fun with the yoyo.

4. Be careful but do not limit your adventure out of fear of getting a ding in a toy.

5. The only thing fun and fear have in common is that they start with the letter ‘f’.

6. Remove the Fear so you can have the Fun.

Period🤔

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap: yes

Yeah, it’s gonna happen. I’ve learned to let it go… :sunglasses:

I find that when you need to add character/dings to your yoyo, walking the dog on concrete has a near 100% success rate!

First ding is the deepest

Reference to…
The first cut is the deepest
Baby I know
The first cut is the deepest
But when it comes to bein’ lucky, he’s cursed
When it comes to lovin’ me, he’s worst…???