Let me tell you why this is the best trick today

Wrist mounts, string rejections, what could be more fun?

3 Likes

Still feeling rejected? Learn this, then the group hug.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ4JhDTcglc

2 Likes

This trick is going to drive me to drinking, and for that I thank you Steve.

2 Likes

See cow. See cow be. Be cow be.   Pentadruple post y’all!!
Please use this trick responsibly.

2 Likes

Listen, do you smell something? Tasty best trick today …

2 Likes

I <3 this thread, I can post anything I want and everyone leaves me alone!
Anyways, this 2014 classic combines science, high production values, and
the distain all right thinking people harbor for yo-yo balls. Enjoy!

4 Likes

That yoyo trick is so awesome! Most concise tutorial I have ever seen! :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Why settle for the best trick today when you can have the best dang trick, ever!.
You guys are ready for this now, Nanda Kanda!

7 Likes

" so get into that dang mount" ^-^ lol

1 Like

Ha! I like your eclectic choices :slight_smile:

Part of the reason I wanted to start this thread is because I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the gear (yoyos) of yoyoing instead of the tricks. So thanks for picking up the spirit of it - to share whatever trick that inspires you to keep throwing. Cheers!

2 Likes

My pick is this Takahiro Iizuka trick. (with a nice tutorial!)

This trick was one of the first tricks that I saw using a cool slack element that spins around sideways and is re-caught. Of course that is more common now, but at the time it seemed pretty sick to me. I had this video bookmarked to learn and forgot about it. So now maybe I can get inspired and finally learn this.

Also, I wish Iizuka was still throwing more…well ok, maybe he is but I haven’t seen many videos with him lately. Such a cool technical style but unfortunately he didn’t seem to really nail his contest freestyles cleanly enough or keep the momentum going to stay on people’s radar.

3 Likes

This trick is so cool. I still can’t do it, but I keep chipping away at it, and if I ever learn it, it’s going to be my best trick every day.

1 Like

Another gem from the '365,  these tricks look so easy when Steve does them!
A deceptively hard trick is the best trick today.

1 Like

It may seem that I’m leaving you alone but I await anxiously for yor next posts in this thread. You have a knack for finding some real gems!

Much thanks!

1 Like

You can buy the yo-yos, but you can’t buy the tricks. This one has been frustrating me for years. I got it all down except for the part after the trapeze mount…

3 Likes

I love this thread, and kevinm is the best!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess I will keep posting stuff, although I felt better before I knew I had adult supervision.
Anyways, best trick today also involves tasty treats that go good together. The fun thing about this trick are all variations you can work into it. You can get into the start many different ways, you pinch the string w/your nth and pop the yo-yo out to the front when you throw the loop over, then pop it back into the bucket mount instead of trying to slide the yo-yo over like Mr. T does in this vid. It’s fun to mess around with.

1 Like

The best trick today is a special Friday edition double banger spectacular featuring our hero
Augie Fash. Snap-Wave to Fake Triangle alone will get me through the weekend.

From the Golden age of big hair and even bigger tricks.

1 Like

This is hard. Great banger.