Let me tell you why this is the best trick today

Just an idea for a thread:

Post a video of whatever trick you are feeling at the moment - old trick or new trick, from a tutorial or a freestyle with the time of the trick marked - and describe why you think it kills.

For example…

Creator: Yuuki Spencer
Trick: Cowabunga
Why it’s good: Ok this is a big generalization but frontstyle yoyoing doesn’t get so much attention other than being for braintwister combos. So it’s great to see Yuuki making a frontstyle trick that is pretty fresh, but with classic elements. Great flow and sections - a bit of “rock the baby”, smooth tumbles, and a bind that fits perfectly. So dope how the “rock the baby” part ends by dropping a ton of strings and ending up in a knot mount. The whole thing is composed really well with contrasting sections that make this a very dynamic frontstyle trick. And in general, what I like about Yuuki’s style is on display here: interesting contrasts between sections.

9 Likes

I like the idea! Can’t wait to see where it takes us :slight_smile:

The best trick today is Mexican Duck Pond, because it’s the best trick every day.

4 Likes

Let’s hear a little chatter out there folks, don’t make me triple post.
Frog in a bag is the best yoyo trick today because it’s really cool, and you can do it on your ten dollar yo-yo and your friend won’t be able to do it with his new titanium mega spin 3000.

11 Likes

Cool frog!

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/063-expert-revolutions.php
Even though this trick is really basic, I love how it looks. The loops of it look so amazing flying through the air.

2 Likes

Shoot the Moon is the best trick today because even though it has been on the basic trick ladder for as long as there has been a trick ladder, you may be the only person in a room full of yo-yo players that can do it well if you practice and get it down.
You don’t have to knock your teeth out learning it, but you might have to bleed a little…

Share this video

8 Likes

Wrist mounts, string rejections, what could be more fun?

3 Likes

Still feeling rejected? Learn this, then the group hug.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ4JhDTcglc

2 Likes

This trick is going to drive me to drinking, and for that I thank you Steve.

2 Likes

See cow. See cow be. Be cow be.   Pentadruple post y’all!!
Please use this trick responsibly.

2 Likes

Listen, do you smell something? Tasty best trick today …

2 Likes

I <3 this thread, I can post anything I want and everyone leaves me alone!
Anyways, this 2014 classic combines science, high production values, and
the distain all right thinking people harbor for yo-yo balls. Enjoy!

4 Likes

That yoyo trick is so awesome! Most concise tutorial I have ever seen! :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Why settle for the best trick today when you can have the best dang trick, ever!.
You guys are ready for this now, Nanda Kanda!

7 Likes

" so get into that dang mount" ^-^ lol

1 Like

Ha! I like your eclectic choices :slight_smile:

Part of the reason I wanted to start this thread is because I realize how easy it is to get caught up in the gear (yoyos) of yoyoing instead of the tricks. So thanks for picking up the spirit of it - to share whatever trick that inspires you to keep throwing. Cheers!

2 Likes

My pick is this Takahiro Iizuka trick. (with a nice tutorial!)

This trick was one of the first tricks that I saw using a cool slack element that spins around sideways and is re-caught. Of course that is more common now, but at the time it seemed pretty sick to me. I had this video bookmarked to learn and forgot about it. So now maybe I can get inspired and finally learn this.

Also, I wish Iizuka was still throwing more…well ok, maybe he is but I haven’t seen many videos with him lately. Such a cool technical style but unfortunately he didn’t seem to really nail his contest freestyles cleanly enough or keep the momentum going to stay on people’s radar.

3 Likes

This trick is so cool. I still can’t do it, but I keep chipping away at it, and if I ever learn it, it’s going to be my best trick every day.

1 Like

Another gem from the '365,  these tricks look so easy when Steve does them!
A deceptively hard trick is the best trick today.

1 Like